Chapter 9: Friends?

❀Azalea❀

❀Azalea❀

"Don't look at me like that," he glares darkly right back at me.

"Where'd this confidence come from?" he questions darkly, "you didn't have it a few weeks ago."

My facade crumbles. As so do my big girl britches.

He knew what he did hurt me.

I go to walk away from him again. I'd hate it if he saw the tears gathering in my eyes. He already thinks bad enough about me.

"I fucking told you-" he starts angrily but I cut him off, jerking my arm away from his as hard as I can at the moment.

"I don't care what you told me," my voice turns shaky.

"Lilah-" I cut him off again, turning around to shove my finger right in that stupid gorgeous face of his, not caring anymore if he sees the new tears slowly rolling down my cheeks.

What happened to me never crying in front of people?

"Don't call me that," I let my voice waver.

"I can call you whatever the fuck I want," he keeps his eyes away from me, not looking at me once.

Heck, I don't even have to worry about him seeing me crying. He's not even looking at me.

"I can too," I'll probably regret this later.

"You jerk," his darkly glaring eyes snap to mine only to soften a bit when they see me. Like I care.

"You're mean, you're rude, you don't care about anything, you only think about yourself, you have no manners, you-" he cuts me off jerking me to him softly.

"Shut up," his voice rumbles against me.

"You don't think before you speak, and you have no idea how your words affect other people," I begin to cry harder, shaking my head.

"You're cruel. You're evil."

"I wish you weren't so mean," I finally let out a sob. He crushes my face to his chest, his strong arms holding me impossibly close to his warm body.

With all the feelings taking over my body I sob into the chest of the man who has made me feel this way.

When the words I spoke to him finally register, I regret them. I was mean. No one should be talked to like I just talked to him. That thought only makes me continue to cry.