Chapter One

When Jake's with me, it's like he's slowed down the tempo on the

worlds sweetest love song. Quiet, gentle and relaxing me with his sweet

nothing's he whispers in my ear. Our hands almost always instantly lock

together, intertwining, and I snuggle up close to him with my head on his

chest, and other hand on his fore arm. His other hand is either stroking my hair or holding that coffee container he takes with him everywhere. I've never questioned him about it or what's in it, simply because I don't think it's a big deal. I mean, it's not like its alcohol, he's only 19, and I'm 17, and he doesn't live with his parents, so where could he get it anyway? He took a big, long sip and stared out the window right next to his couch.

"Is everything okay?" I ask looking up at him, gazing into his chocolate eyes, taking in his chiseled chin, tan skin and almost black hair.

"Yeah Emily, I'm okay." He tells me, he sets his cup on the window sill then starts running his fingers through my auburn hair. He brings his big hand down to my chin and glides his thumb back and forth over my jaw line, then leans down to kiss my lips. I peer over across the room and my eyes lock on a picture of us. Me standing there with my golden brown hair tucked behind my right ear with the other side hanging, my teal shirt, blue jeans, and the mood necklace Jake got me for my birthday. Jake is standing behind me, arms wrapped around me, taking my hands in the front, his Long dark brown hair at his eyebrows, his brown eyes, and knife he has on a string hanging around his neck. His torn and faded jeans, and no shirt, showing every muscle he has, his tanned skin and the bear paw he has tattooed over his heart. The sun is setting behind us on the beach,the place we first met, and it was my 17th birthday, and our fourth anniversary.

I let go of his fore arm, climbed onto his lap, now facing the other side of his living room, rearranged our hands so we could still hold each other, and slid my hand onto his warm, shirtless back. I hear a slight humming outside, and turn to look."That's what I was looking at," Jake says gesturing toward the window. I lean closer to the window, and realize that the neighbors radio is on. The current song goes off, then "Stay With Me" comes on."Care to dance?" Jake asks me with a sideways grin. I smile, then get up off his lap and onto the floor. I'm still in my school uniform because Jake stopped by at lunch and picked me up to go out to eat with him and we didn't go back. When Jake stood up, he toward over me. He's six-foot even, and I'm five-foot four. He is in his camouflage shorts and he's wearing his knife. He took my hand and grabbed my waist. I squeezed his hand and placed my other hand on his shoulder. He pulled me closer and I rested my head on his chest. We spun in circles as we listened to Sam Smith sing his heart out.

"I love you, Jake." I say trailing my fingers against his back, meaning every word. He looks down at me and squeezes me tighter. I know he's not capable of hurting me, but if he squeezes any tighter I might just explode in his arms, but I also don't want him to let go because even if it did hurt, I like it.

"I love you, too, ." He says, as his hand migrates from my waist then down lower. He squeezes and I giggle."What?" He asks playfully smiling.

"You know what mister!" I say smiling back at him. He kisses my forehead, and I lean against his chest. I know he wants too, but I'm 17, and he's 19, it's bad enough that my mom and dad absolutely hate him. And if my dad finds out we had sex, he just might call the cops and get him arrested because I'm not of legal age and he is. I start rubbing his back and all of a sudden he let's go of my hand, bends down and puts his left arm across my back and his right across the back of my knees and sweeps me off my feet and walks over to the couch. He sits down, still holding me, and lays down. I kick off my flatts and curl up in a ball on top of him. And he picks up a handful of my hair and starts running his hands through it, switching hands as he goes.I soon fell asleep as his fingers mollested my hair. Then all of a sudden, there was a loud knock.

He and I both woke up instantly. I quickly got up off his lap and ran toward the door to see who it was. I just barely opened the curtain and I could tell who was standing outside. I quickly checked the wall clock. It read 5:30, nearly an hour after my school gets out.

"It's my dad!" I whispered as I gathered my things and headed toward the back door. "Make sure you tell him nothing!" I added as I went outside. As soon as I was out I heard muffled talking. I quickly ran off through he side yard, but I didn't get too far.

"Emily! Get in the car!" I heard my dad yell. I stopped dead in my tracks, knowing that if I went any further I would never be let out of sight again, and my dad just might end it right there. I headed toward the car, giving Jake an 'I'm sorry' look and slammed the door.