Chapter 3

Author's Note

Hey, sorry for not updating sooner it's been crazy the past couple of weeks and I haven't felt very motivated so I apologize. I hope you enjoy this chapter. And thank you all so much for being patient with me.

Clarke POV

"I do not--"I started, but then I stopped an idea had just formed in my mind. I have to check with him, but it could work. "I mean okay, maybe I do a little bit, but not a lot," I said defensively. "And I mean, I know you have a crush on my brother."

"How, how do you know that?"

"I should take a video of you around my dearest brother, Linc. You get all weird and googly eyed. You basically act like Isabella whenever she is on the screen with Phineas, but you both are so clueless."

"Oh, shut up!"

"Do you want me to invite him to the mall tomorrow, he can help carry all of your bags, and watch John's sister, while John and I talk."

"SHUT UP!!"

"I am going to do it." So like the good friend I am who sees how much my Best friend is in love with my brother and vice versa I am gonna set them up. "Hey! DOOFUS FACE!" I called down to Lincoln as I walked down the stairs and saw him sitting with our little brother Jasper.

"What do you want, Jerk?" He asked as he was helping Jasper with his homework, he is a good older brother, he is a year and a half older than Jasper and I.

"Octavia wanted to know if you wanted to come to the mall with us tomorrow, and help her watch John's little sister?"

"Which, John? John Murphy? Why is she watching HIS sister?" He said quietly gritting his teeth, he is so close to exploding and probably will if I'm not careful. I've got to tread carefully

"Because he will be there with us, too."

"Oh, then I am definitely coming."

"Why? Just because John is coming?"

"Because I don't trust him. He was a jerk when we were little, and we haven't accepted him into our friend group because of that."

"Wait. That's why you guys disagreed when I brought it up to a vote to bring him into the group?"

"Yeah, at least that's why I disagreed, I can't speak for the others."

"Dang, your a jerk. But Octavia wants you to come so, your coming now. You don't have a choice."

"Great. I was planning on it anyway."

"Fine." And I walked away. I can't believe my brother could be so thickheaded. I guess, it's because we never really had a father figure, but that doesn't give him the right to judge anyone, especially not John, he doesn't know what he has been through. I don't either. John just needs someone to listen to him.

As I go upstairs I realize I need to go to the bathroom, so I go to the bathroom and go into my bathroom and sit in there on Instagram for a while. I look at people's stories, and since I still have Bellamy as a friend on here, whether its to cause myself hurt, or just as a reminder of what I missed out on by not telling him my feelings, I can't decide, but in his story it shows him hanging out with Echo. Ugh. Why do I bring myself pain by looking at his stories?

When I decide to be done 'hiding' in the bathroom I go into my room and lay down on my bed next to Octavia. She asks, "What happened? I was going to come down, but I heard you guys arguing and I didn't want to get in the middle of a sibling spat because I know how bad that can be, and it suddenly went quiet."