Chapter 7

Author's Note

Thank you all for sticking with me. I've been working hard on this chapter for the past month, and it's an interesting one. I'm sorry for the wait, I appreciate all of you sticking with me through this. I won't delay your continuation of the story any longer.

Clarke POV

When John got to my house, we started planning places that we would be okay going to, and places we thought they would want to go, Echo had told me to plan the date and let them know where and when, after I had asked if Saturday/ Sunday would work. We were about to the details of whether or not Bellamy would pick up Echo and John me, if we would all drive separately and meet there, or if we all wanted to take the same car when I remembered that John had wanted to talk to me about something to do with Raven and Zeke.

"Hey, John? Why did you want to talk to me about a double date with Raven and Zeke?" I asked curiously, hiding the hopefulness that he had realized they would be better as friends and she was over him, and I wouldn't have to tell him that there is a possibility of it not working.

"Well, I'm glad you reminded me, and honestly, I was thinking over and, while I would love to have Raven as a girlfriend, she's happy with Zeke, and I don't want to get in the way of that. And I think that she and I would be better as friends, and one day, I'll find the one that's right for me, and maybe it'll be Raven, but as of right now, I'm not going to mess with her relationship."

"Do you think I should do the same for Bellamy? He seems happy with Echo."

"No, Princess, I don't, Bellamy hasn't been himself since he and Echo got together, and we need to make him see that he is in a toxic relationship before something goes wrong and she hurts him, physically, or emotionally."

"When did you become so wise?" I said, jokingly, hoping to get rid of the tense air in the room so people didn't notice it when they came in.

"Oh, I don't know, probably experience, I mean, when you go through a life like mine, you get a lot of insight to why things are the way they are."

"I suppose so," I said hesitantly. "John, why would Bellamy choose Echo? He should remember what she did to Octavia, to his family."

" Well, there are multiple reasons why someone might choose to do something, and maybe he didn't see another way, or he saw it as protecting her, but whatever the reason, it was a stupid choice and you're doing what needs to be done." I looked at him, I had never seen him be so open, about anything, even when we were younger, especially when we were younger.  "You know, Princess, your cute when your insecure," John said smiling affectionately, and when I looked at him funny, he just nodded his head towards the door to my bedroom where we had been working. I looked behind me, and in it, stood Octavia, I immediately wondered how much she had heard, and when she had arrived, I'll probably be hounded about this later.

"Hey, O, how was the store, with Lincoln?" I said somewhat cautiously as I started to clean up the

"It was good, what are you guys up too?" she replied with the teeniest hint of suspicion in her tone.

"Not much, we're planning a double date," John said, rather carelessly as we began to walk downstairs.

"With who?" she asked, and as soon as those words left her mouth I was fidgeting, and couldn't stop. I had to tell her that we were trying to get her brother back, so he could be her brother again. because if I'm being honest with myself, even if Bellamy and I aren't meant to be, Octavia needs him around, but she won't say anything to him, and she especially needs him away from the jerk who hurt his sister in a stupid fight. The fight wasn't even about what Echo said it was immediately after the fact.