Chapter 8

Author's Note:

Sorry this has taken so long, my life has been crazy busy, I just wanted to thank you all so much, I can't believe how many reads this has gotten in the past year. So I give you chapter 8!

Clarke POV

*flashback to when Octavia and Clarke went up to talk*

"Okay, so what do we need to talk about?" O asked, I took a minute to gather my thoughts.

"Do you wanna sit first?"

"Do I need to?"

"I guess we will find out," I replied with a sigh. I really need this to go well. I take a deep breath and start telling her everything that happened, starting with accidentally bumping into John by the bathroom, to our planned double date with Becho. When I finished she just stared at me.

"Come on, O, talk to me, please."

"I just don't get it Clarke, why wouldn't you tell me sooner? I think I had a right to know," she said, with a pained look in her eyes. I hate that I caused that.

"I didn't want you to get hurt if it didn't work. I am so sorry, I just wanted to protect you."

"I DON'T NEED PROTECTION! I'm not a little girl anymore," she said, hurt and in pain, and I don't know how to make it better.

"I know, I know. I just, I didn't want you to be in any more pain over Bellamy, than you already are, and I care about you, your my best friend, and I'm sorry I caused you more pain than necessary, but I promise, from now on, you will be kept in the loop on all the comings and goings of this secret, I can't stand to keep it from you anymore." I said, desperate, pleading, and defeated. I feel so guilty.

"Just, keep me up to date on the status of Bellamy, everything you know I want to know, I want to be involved with the scheme, but it has to be believable, so I guess, just keep me up to date. That's all I ask."

"Done."

*end flashback*

I tried to talk to John about what happened in the bathroom with Bellamy during Biology, but he just shrugged and said that they didn't talk. I don't believe that for a second. I'll have to wait for when he is ready to tell me I suppose, but until then, I will have to respect that, even if I think I should know if they were talking about me.

The rest of the day went fairly well considering that I was frustrated, but I have to let it go. If I don't I'll end up fighting with John, and we really need this double date to work out—

We need to talk. Uh oh. This can't be good.

What's up John?

Well, nvm. I shouldn't have said anything.

John. What's going on?????

Nothing. don't worry about it. I'll talk to you later.

As long as you're sure.

I am, I'll talk to you later. Love ya.

"That was weird," I accidentally said, out loud.

"What was?" O said, we had been chilling in my room Lincoln is working, so we actually get to hang out some.

"John, he messaged me, and was acting really weird."

"Weird, did anything weird happen today?" she asked.

"Sure, you can try and make sense of it." I replied, I didn't bother double-checked that nothing incriminating to our secret was involved in the conversation before handing her my phone now that she knew the secret, which I feel better about already. She read the conversation, then kind of just stared at the phone for a while.