Chapter 5

Author's Note

Sorry that it's been so long, between writer's block, and school essays and stuff, the last two months have been chaotic.

Clarke POV

Our conversation during dinner wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. I thought for sure that Lincoln would end up fighting with John, but he kept his cool and everything went well. Which was a relief because I am going to be "dating" John soon and they should learn to get along. Especially since even after we are done fake dating, we will still be friends.

After dinner, John agreed to stay for one movie, Charlotte was more enthusiastic, but I think that is just because he wants to get her home at a decent time. He is such a good older brother. We decide to let Charlotte choose the movie, because she is the youngest. She ends up choosing one of my favorite movies of all time, "Brother Bear".

We all settle down for the movie. I sit on one end of the couch and Charlotte on the other, with John sitting in between us, and Lincoln and Octavia sit next to each other on the recliners. Jasper is spending the night at Monty's, and went over after dinner. Monty doesn't live that far, just a couple streets down the road, so he just walked.

As we were watching the movie I kept an eye on Lincoln and Octavia as they each kept "sneaking" glances at each other. I wish they would just get together already. I know, it may seem weird wanting your best friend with your brother, but sometimes it just makes sense. Between watching them and watching the movie, I would also sneak glances at John. He is a great friend. He was willing to help me with Bellamy, and it may just be because I'm helping him try to get Raven's attention, but there's no guarantee that either of those things will happen, but he's so kind for helping me try. I smiled and kissed his cheek as he was watching the movie.

John then turned and looked at me and said, "What was that for, Princess?"

"Just my way of thanking you," I said sweetly as I leaned on his shoulder.

Then as I was getting comfortable and turned back to the movie he kissed my forehead and said, "You're welcome, Princess." I smiled and snuggled in a little more, and glanced at my brother and O. He seemed so happy, and I was happy he was happy. He deserves it more than anyone I know. Just as I turned back to the movie, which was at the part where the bears were telling stories about the past year and passing the fish, I saw my brother look back at me and John out of the corner of my eye, so I turned and gave him a pointed glare, that basically said, "This is happening whether you like it or not." He made a noise and turned and started whispering to Octavia, probably to ask about what she knows about John and I because she looks back at us and gives a reassuring smile. Then I go back to watching the movie, as it gets later and later.

Murphy POV

As the movie rolls through the end credits, I look down at Clarke who is leaning on my shoulder and see that she fell asleep. She looks so cozy there I don't really want to move, but it's getting late, and I need to get Lottie home. She is just about out on the other side of me as well, however, she is leaning on the arm of the chair rather than on me.

I softly call out to Lincoln so I don't wake up Clarke, and I say, "Lincoln, will you help me move Clarke, she fell asleep on my shoulder and Charlotte and I need to get going."

"Sure, but you two could stay the night, Charlotte can stay in Clarke's room with Octavia, Clarke will probably just sleep on the couch because she doesn't like to move if she's comfortable, and you can sleep in Jasper's room," he replies and I feel kind of shocked because this is the guy that practically hates my guts, offering to let me stay at his house, without prodding from his sister.