S I X T E E N

Isabelle POV

"We should definitely go on a trip," Elora declared with her hands placed on her hips as she looked at us. "Trip?" Xavier asked.

"Yes, a trip. I need a break and we all need a break to relax."

"I'm okay with whatever you say." Xavier looked at Cyrus and I. "What do you two say?"

"Whatever Isabelle says," Cyrus replied, closing the file he was reading.

"Wow, nice escapism. But that doesn't work all the time," Elora pointed. "What do you say, Isabelle?"

"Yeah, I want to go on a trip too."

"Yes! It's decided then. We are going on a trip." Elora yelled excitedly before dancing around.

"Careful, love."

"Thank god, we are having a holiday. How I wanted to go on a trip rather than sitting in the big mansion," Elora complained. Cyrus wrapped his arm around my shoulder and started playing with my hair.

"But you love it the most."

"That I do because you are with me."

Cyrus pulled me closer. "Soon," he whispered. I gave him a questioning look when I didn't understand. He just kissed my forehead before looking at Xavier and Elora.

"Isabelle, do you have any place on your list? The place you wanted to visit," Elora asked.

"Hmm. I don't think so."

She gave me a friendly smile. "It's okay. You can tell us. I don't have any destination and it's a waste of asking them for suggestions." I played with Cyrus' fingers while I thought about it.

"Hmm― Hawaii? I always wanted to visit the beach."

"Hawaii, it is!" Elora said.

"Hawaii."

*

"Are you excited? Because I'm," Elora asked me while Cyrus and Xavier were bringing our luggage.

"Yeah," I said with the same excitement as her. We are going to stay in Hawaii for two weeks.

Last night, my father called me. It wasn't a pleasure call. He bit off my ear and made crude remarks. Cyrus took the phone and warned him to speak respectfully. Caroline and Sara took it upon themselves to send hate messages every day. I shook my head, not wanting to think about them and ruin my day.

I was taken aback when Cyrus mentioned that we would be flying Xavier's private plane. I didn't know that he owned a private plane even though Cyrus mentioned that Xavier comes from old money.

An hour passed before we all sat down in our seats and buckled our seatbelts. Once the plane took off, the wine was served. I decided to have a glass to calm my nerves. This would be my first time on a plane. I never got the chance to take a flight somewhere. I looked around the interior of the plane. It's simple yet elegant.