T W E N T Y

Isabelle POV

I took a deep breath before walking towards the elevator. I stood behind the woman who was typing away on her phone. I looked around, there were three people excluding me. Today is my first day. Cyrus said that he would be dropping me off but I rejected his help.

I. . . I just wanted to be on my own on the first day. Call me selfish, but there was this excitement that I couldn't sleep that night. I was giddy. . . Happy. . . Nervous. . . All together. I needed to experience it, going to the office like a New Yorker. This is something that I always dreamed about.

I got into the elevator along with others and pressed the floor button. I went shopping with Elora and Beth. Beth and Pablo are in the city. They are here for a break and to meet Joe and Ariel. A smile started playing on my face when I recollected the memories of them meeting Joe and Ariel for the first time last week.

When I walked towards Elora's new office, I remembered a few faces whom I had met two days ago. I gave them a gentle smile as I passed through the hallway. I knocked on Elora's door before entering. "Belle! I was going to call you," Elora said, walking over to me with an excited smile.

"There was traffic."

"Traffic's horrible on a Monday morning." She gave me a hug. "I got you coffee, it's on the table."

"Oh, thank you." I picked up my coffee and Elora wrapped her arm around mine. "Come on, I will show you your office."

"Okay."

*

My phone started ringing. I looked at the caller before answering it. "Hello?"

"Hey. . ."

"Did you have your lunch?" I asked.

"Not yet, I'm going for lunch. Did you have your lunch?" Cyrus asked.

"Yes, we had lunch with the team."

"Nice, did you enjoy it?" I smiled brightly, looking at New York's traffic from the glass window. "Yes. . ."

"What are you doing? Did I disturb you?"

"No— I just got my first assignment. We are working on this new project."

"Tell me about it in the evening."

"Okay," I spoke with Cyrus for the next ten minutes before he had to leave to have his lunch.

I picked up the files that Elora had given me. She asked me to get through the documents to understand the work better. I had no problem going through the documents. It was easy to understand and Ilara was present to help me out with things that I didn't understand.

*

A smile played on my face when my gaze met Cyrus's. I rushed to where he was standing. He smiled, standing up straight when he saw me. I quickly hugged him before chuckling. "I was not expecting you."

He brushed my hair away from my face and kissed my forehead. "I couldn't miss out on picking you up from work."

"Awe, I missed you too. . ."

"You ready to go home?" he asked. I nodded my head. "Yes, I have so many things to tell you."

"Come on. . ." Cyrus opened the door for me. "Thank you."

Once in the car, we buckled seat belts before Cyrus drove off. "Is Elora still in her office?" he asked.

"Yes, she will be leaving in an hour. She has a meeting with Ilara."

"Xavier is taking her on a surprise date."

"Oh, she said Xavier was going to New Jersey."

"It's a made-up lie."

"And Nonna and Nonno took the kids to the park. They will be returning by dinner." I smiled, looking out of the window. "I hope they don't buy them another set of toys."

"They love spoiling Joe and Ariel."

"Yeah. . . Yeah. . ." I placed my hand on his thigh. "But I'm happy that Joe and Ariel love them. They have bonded up well."

Cyrus looked at me with a soft smile. "It was bound to happen." I smiled back, agreeing with that.

" I smiled back, agreeing with that