00.03

Y/n's P.O.V.

I smile to myself as Five and I walk downstairs, hand in hand. I can't believe I finally got to tell him. And he likes me back. I'm not sure when I started to like Five but it's definitely been longer than 17 years. We walk into the living room as Five studies the painting of him above the fire place before Vanya walks in. Now that I think of it, how did that old man make me disappear without having the rest get suspicious? It's not like they knew where I went because each one of them asked.

Five converses with Vanya for a bit. I sit down on the couch silently watching them. It isn't until Five mentions that Vanya wrote a book is when I get up. Curious, I walk over to the shelf in the corner filled with books. I reach for 'Extra-Ordinary' on a shelf right in front of me and pull it out.

I ignore all the other chapters, especially 6 because I'm too scared to read what might be there, and flip to Chapter 8 which only consists of 2 pages. Including the title page of the chapter. There was mention of my fire powers which have now somehow turned to ice, how I would try to stand up for Vanya and be nice, but no reason as to why I had suddenly disappeared. 'Hmm. Sounds legit.' I look on the back to see the reviews she got. 'Gerard Way. Sounds familiar for some reason.' I slide the book back on to the shelf and walk back over to Five and Vanya.

"Was it bad?" Five asks before Vanya nods. I'm not sure what they were talking about but a bunch of awkward silence followed before Five takes my hand and leads me to his room. "Y/n. Do you know what happened to Ben?" I shake my head. "Oh, okay. It's probably better if it stays that way then." He says facing me. I look up at him. Sometimes, I hated how he was taller than me. Last I checked, I was around (height). We sit down on Five's bed and I lay my head against his left side.

"Five. What did Dad tell you when I didn't show up to training and stuff?" I ask. Five sighs. "He told us.. that you ran away in the middle of the night. And you were never going to come back." He tells me with sadness laced in his tone. "Is that what caused you to run away?" I wonder out loud. He nods. "That was part of the reason. The other reason being Dad not allowing me to time travel even after I said I was ready. I was ready to jump. I just wasn't ready for what I saw after I did." Five explains the whole thing and how it went down for him.

I sit there, listening to every word he said. Every experience he was put through. Everything he had to go through to get back here. "In the end, it was worth it." He looks down at me as I stare up into his forest green eyes. I looked at the flicker of his eyes go from my eyes to my lips. My breath was caught in my throat as I did the same and we both started to lean inwards. 'Was this going to be our first kiss? Was it too fast?'

Five and I almost close the gap between us until Luther walks in. We both look at him as he just stares awkwardly. "Umm, uh, th-the funeral is about to start. And it's raining so get an umbrella. It's gonna be in the courtyard. Downstairs." With that said, Luther turns around and stomps back downstairs.

No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5

Five's P.O.V.

I wrap my arm a little tighter around Y/n's waist keeping her close under our shared umbrella. All 8 of us including Grace and Pogo stand in the courtyard as it rains. I tune most of everything out after Pogo asks if anyone had wished to speak. I look down at Y/n and wonder how she acted like everything was normal even though the apocalypse was in 8 days, she was trapped in time for almost 17 years, and we both just confessed our feelings for each other. My stomach is still doing backflips even if my face says that I'm practically incapable of feeling things. 

I would have had my first real kiss earlier too if that ape-man hadn't interrupted us. 'Maybe later.' That's when I notice that Y/n looks a bit stressed and I focus on the scene unfolding in front of us. Of course, even at his funeral, Luther and Diego were still fighting each other. I keep Y/n close as Klaus tries to protect both of us. I slap away his hand as I push Y/n slightly behind me, handing her the umbrella while both my arms go around her waist now.