00.06

Y/n's P.O.V.

Five and I end up at the academy once again and just relax. I go to sit on his bed with my back against the headboard while Five sits on my left with my head on his shoulder. "Get as much rest as you can because we're breaking into—" Before Five can finish, I interrupt him. "Wait, but the guy said the eye hasn't been manufactured." I frown looking up at him. "I was gonna say that we're breaking into a department store actually." He corrects me.

I raise my eyebrows in the sudden change in plans. 'Why a stor— oh. Right, Delores.' I hum and nod. "Actually, I might just stay back. I'll wait for you when you get back." I smile down at him. He moved around in his spot which ended up with his arms wrapped around my waist and his head resting into my stomach. "Okay, it might be best in case something happens. But I don't like the idea of you being alone. At least maybe one of these idiots here might just be able to protect you but if not, I trust you can handle yourself." Five lifts his head and looks at me.

I laugh softly. "Five, it's just one night. We'll both be fine and stop calling them idiots. You know we can both be idiots sometimes too. Sadly." I mutter the last part quietly. "When have I ever been an idiot?" Five pouts. I look at him with his puppy dog eyes that I don't think I could ever be able to resist. Except just this once. "Don't think I didn't see you try to eat that marshmallow that was still on fire." I tell him.

His eyes widen. "I thought nobody saw me and that I caught myself on time." He whispers. I laugh and shake my head. "Oh honey, how oh—so—wrong you are. Everybody saw. Even Grace had a hard time trying not to laugh and she's a goddamn robot!" I can feel the bed shaking with laughter as we both laugh at our mistakes we made in the past which are now just funny stories to us. Soon, it faded from almost mid afternoon to a rainy, almost pitch black night.

And when it rains, it pours.

I look out the window with my eyebrows creased. "Are you sure you wanna go tonight?" I stare at the falling rain hitting the window with the pattering of the water sounding through the room. "Yeah, I'll be fine. It's not like I'll be there for long." Five reluctantly gets up from beside me and kisses my forehead.

"I'll be back soon, love." I smile and feel a blush coming onto my cheeks at the nickname. He smirked at my blush. "Maybe I should just call you that more often, love." He said. This time I looked down at the bedspread and tried to not smile like a clown trying not to be funny. 

I roll my eyes and sat up straight to shove him. "Don't you have some place to break into or whatever?" Five chuckles and turns but not before getting another kiss on my cheek this time. 'Wow, he's really overdoing it. If he keeps it up, I might just end up looking like a tomato by the time this whole apocalypse thing is over.' I flip back onto the bed and take the book I was reading from the bedside table. 'Great. Now I'm just kinda bored.'

No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5

Five's P.O.V.

It seemed like it was hours before I got back to the mansion and back to Y/n. "Five?" Allison and Luther walk by as I find my way upstairs. "What the hell happened to you?" I turn towards them with a bit of sweat and rain I could still feel adorning my face. "Are you okay? Can we help?" Luther asks. I look at both of them. He starts to reach for the bag, Delores, until I grab his wrist. A mix of shock and concern show on both their faces as they stare at me. "There's nothing you can do. There's nothing any of you can do." I whisper.

I remember as if it were only yesterday, only a few moments ago, where I had found Luther's hand holding the eye which was now a dead end. 'Unless it wasn't.' I let go of his hand and make my way to Y/n. I open my door and see someone looking out the window. But not my Y/n. I quietly set down Delores and walk over before getting the person in a headlock. Wait— it is Y/n. She yells in surprise and I let go almost immediately. "I'm so sorry! I didn't recognize you." I apologize.