Guardian Angels AU

A/n Yes ik another Au. I promise I'm working on the next chapter but just enjoy this pls. Thx.

Y/n's P.O.V.

Everyone knew about guardian angels. It wasn't exactly a secret. But was a secret is that I never got a guardian angel. Why? I have no idea. Maybe because I'm too nice? No, that's not it. Well, putting that aside, this is how it happened.

5 Years Ago

Y/n's P.O.V.

"Y/n!" Mom yelled out. I rush downstairs with the happiest smile a ten year old could have on their face. "Are you ready?" She asks. I nod ecstatically. I put on my shoes before getting in the car to drive to my birthday party.

It was in the park with one of the biggest playgrounds I had ever seen and all my friends were here to enjoy it with me. "Come on Y/n!" My best friend called out to me before running to the swings. I started until my mom pulled me back by the arm.

"Wait Y/n," She bends down. "Now, you know how everyone gets their guardian angels when they turn ten right?" I nod. That was the part I was most excited for. To see the person who was going to protect me and be with me throughout my entire life.

"Well, when your guardian angel shows up, they may look normal to others but you will be able to tell because you can see their wings and halo. And no one should know who your guardian angel is, got it?" I nod again before asking if I can go. My mom sighs and smiles before letting me go.

The whole day flew by fast and soon I was home getting ready for bed. I stood there with my new presents, content with myself. Except there was one thing bothering me. My guardian angel still hadn't shown up. I sit on the edge of my bed in front of my full length mirror when I notice a boy leaning against my doorframe.

I blink again expecting him to disappear. When he doesn't, I turn around and there he is. Except he's not exactly what I expected. In the books, guardian angels typically had nice white wings the size of their body with a small yellow halo on top. Mine had none of those.

Although he did have wings, they were dark, practically black. And there was no yellow halo glowing on top of his head, just red horns. Like a devil.

"Who are you?" I whisper. He smirks. "Why I'm your guardian angel, sweetheart. Well..." He looks down, using his head to gesture his dark wings. "Actually I'm more of a guardian devil." I furrow my eyebrows.

How could this be possible? I had never heard of anyone mentioning that there could be a chance that someone could get a devil for a guardian. As far as anyone knew, devils weren't supposed to exist.

"What? Wait a minute, I thought I was supposed to get a guardian angel. Not a devil. How did this even happen?" I ask. I kept my voice down as to not let my parents downstairs know what happened.

"I don't know sweetheart. One minute I'm talking to my sister and the next, I appear here with one task in mind." He stands straight and walks over to me. I look at him through the mirror and it's like there's nothing there. No wings, no horns, just a boy.

"And what's that?" I whisper. I look back up at him, realizing that he's a few inches taller than me. "To protect you at all costs." He answers.

It was silent until my mom called out. "Y/n! Time for bed!" I draw a sharp breath and shout back a quick reply. "You need to hide, or go. Whichever one. Or, I don't know, whatever you guys do." I hear my mom and dad walking up the stairs.

"Or I could just do this." He snaps his fingers. And it does nothing. I can still see him plain as day. But before I can do anything, my parents walk in. And they walk right past him.

I look at him over their shoulders as they hug me goodnight. He puts a finger up to his lips to signal that I had to be quiet to which I roll my eyes at. "Goodnight hun, sleep tight." My dad kisses my forehead. I smile and tell him goodnight, which only leaves my mom.

"So, did your guardian angel show?" She asks. I nod. She smiles. "Okay, well I won't ask anymore so goodnight." She kisses my forehead too before closing my door as she walks out.

My guardian angel— devil snaps his fingers again and I still see him. "Wait, why couldn't they see you?" I ask. "All angels and devils have the ability to turn invisible with the snap of their fingers." I nod, understanding.

"Oh, okay. Wait, I don't even know your name yet." I realize. "Oh, I don't have a name. Devils get numbers, that's how cruel they are." He explains. "Oh. Well, what's your number?" I ask.

"Five. Number Five."

He holds out his hand. "Pleasure to formally meet you." I shake his hand. It feels warm for someone who's supposed to be evil. 'Well maybe he's not evil. He was just born a devil.'

"Well, I'm Y/n." I smile. "I know." He says. Confusion plagued my mind before I realize that of course he should know my name. "Right. Sorry." He chuckles. "It's fine. Well, are you gonna go to sleep?" He asks.

I look at my bed and back at him. "Well yes, but I have to do something first." I grab my notebook and a pencil off my desk. "I'm gonna give you a name."

5 Years Later

Y/n's P.O.V.

I never figured a name for him. I ended up just calling him Five. But in a way, it suites him. And we both like it. "Y/n." I look up at Five from my homework.

"I think I found it." He balances a book in his hand written with some language that was dubbed 'The Devil's Language'. "You found something?" I walk over to him and look over his arm, as if I can read it.

"Yeah, we might actually be able to do it." I smile as he smiles back down at me. "Forget homework, we have to start now." I start pushing him out of my bedroom door until he pushes me back with more force. "Nuh uh. I'm still technically your guardian, devil or not, finish your homework and then we can start."

I roll my eyes. "Okay, boomer."