00.11

Five's P.O.V.

I can't believe it. That little dumb fucker. 'But that's your little dumb fucker.' Not the time, brain. Before everything could go back to the way it was, I quickly took Hazel's gun and threw the pieces in different directions. Then Hazel and Cha-Cha were on the ground, Klaus was still driving most likely under the influence with Diego in the passenger seat, and Luther stood there like a moron.

"Y/n! Five!" Luther shouts as the ice cream truck soon crashed into Hazel and Cha-Cha's car. I grab the fake briefcase and tell come get it as Luther shouts Y/n's name again. 'Y/n... what have you done?' I throw the briefcase to the side as far as my body allowed.

I signal Luther to get Klaus and Diego so we can get the hell outta here before they realize this was a trap. "Wait. My shoes hurt." Are you serious Diego? I roll my eyes and start the car as they all squeeze in. My foot slams on the pedal as soon as the door closes.

I take a peek in the rear view mirror to see Cha-Cha shout. Smirking, I take my focus back to driving and think about what the fuck I'm going to do to get Y/n back. 'Nothing. There's nothing you can do.'

No. There has to be something. And there is, but I don't have enough energy for that. I can't go back to the pair of idiots we just left behind because they'd most definitely kill me on the spot. And that leaves me with, nothing.

She knew it when she stupidly went with The Handler and I knew it too. The only thing I can do is hope that she's okay and will come back somehow. But another question lingered. What secret were they talking about?

There's clearly something about Y/n that apparently only her, Dad, and The Handler know. Something that I don't. Maybe I shouldn't bother with it, except for the fact that it bothers me.

I continue driving as more and more buildings start to appear around us and we get deeper into the city. Finally I reach the front door and walk in without waiting for anyone else.

I don't care if it's personal, I have to find out what they were all hiding about Y/n. Even if it destroys me. "Um, where do you think you're going?" I stop halfway up the staircase and turn towards Diego.

"None of your business." I turn again and start for Dad's office first. Since he was so keen on observing almost every one of us, he has to have had a track record of things we've done. I know he has one of me.

Except really the only thing that should be on there is time traveling without permission and being sarcastic. And the only way I know of these records is because of the one time that I may or may not have snuck in here when I was younger.

I was originally planning to just find another book to entertain me but I came across the file that sat plainly on his desk. It had been my own with my name printed on the front and very thin. Before I could open it, I heard footsteps and had to get out of there.

Now if I could only find the others. Dad had quite a few bookshelves so it took an hour or two but I found them. A locked cabinet at the bottom of his desk, typical. The layer of dust from years of sitting in the same spot danced in the air as I skipped every file until I got to the last one. I open the first page and can barely read the page.

Number Eight aka Y/n Hargreeves

Power(s): fire

Relationship with others: close to Number Five and Number Seven and at a level of close friendship with others

Status: dead

Signed Sir Reginald Hargreeves
October 1, 2002

How could he sign her off as fucking dead?! The old man better be glad that he's dead now or I would've beat the shit out of him. I turn for a second page but all there is, is a photo. It was Y/n probably around the estimated time before her mysterious disappearance which isn't so mysterious now.

I can't believe I wasted almost three hours just to find nothing. With the little dignity left in me, I snatch the wallet sized photo from the file and place it carefully in my pocket.

'No, there has to be something else. He wouldn't leave something undocumented right?' I start towards another bookshelf until a knock sounds. I look over my shoulder and see Pogo. My shoulders slightly relax from the stress of thinking it was going to be one of my siblings.

"Master Five, if I may, there might be something you want to see. I think it could be of use to you in your little research project." Pogo starts towards the bedrooms and I follow right on his heels. Why are we near the bedrooms? Dad never liked it here because we always disturbed the beautiful sound of silence.

Pogo continues upstairs where there's only my bedroom and Y/n's. Then he stops in the middle of the small hallway between. "Here," Pogo stabs his walking stick at a single wooden panel in the floor. "Is where you may find what you desire. Now keep in mind that I was never to show you this under any circumstances but I'm showing you now because I believe it's something that might come handy in the future."

With that he walks off leaving me on my knees in the middle of the hallway. I take my hands and search the edges of the board until I find a hold and pull it out of the ground. The only thing inside the space is a thick manila folder with a depth of at least an inch. I place the board back in its spot and head for my room.

I sit at my desk with the folder open to the first page. The only words on there is Number Eight. Flipping through a bit, I skim the pages of the background information on Y/n except it was mostly what she had already told me beforehand. Looking back to the table of contents, I flip to page 87 labeled top secret. Seemed pretty legit. It only had a few pages but in reality, it held the answer.

'I am so going to destroy The Commission.'

A/n hi so ik it's been like 2 months now but it's just hard to write from Five's P.O.V. and also with the current situation of the entire world, stay safe everybody :)

best wishes,
me