Shared Feelings

As I stepped out that room, I felt the world fall on my shoulders and its weight was just too much for me to bare. I felt like I was the center of everything wrong and right at the same time. For years now I have had to struggle with the weight on, hoping one day it'll go away. But it never did. It had only gotten worse; with every related word anyone said; I felt it, every related mistake Jared made; I felt it. I loved him too much to even hate him even just the smallest bit of any faults he made.

But that aside, I needed to find one of his mistakes. She was carrying something I couldn't give him, and if warming up to her was all what it took to make him a complete happy man, I was willing to make that sacrifice. I was willing to befriend her, for him. I would give my life for Jared.

I ran outside to find Maraïda's figure disappearing towards the garden.

"Maraïda! Maraïda!" I called as I followed her, "Maraïda wait?" I closed up to her,

"Why are you still here? Why are you still with him? How do you stand him. How does anyone stand people like him? He is a monster, how can you not see that?" she spoke as she sobbed heavily, "people like them, the ruin our lives, the lives of the people the claim to love. He said he love my mother and would never hurt her again but still, he did it every time! Over and over again!"

For a moment I thought she had already lost her mind: talking aimlessly, but very quickly I realise; she was having a breakdown. She was relating it all to her own life experiences. God knows all she must have been through to have ended up this messed up. She was only eighteen but couldn't hold on to her sanity for a longer than I could could count to ten in Spanish.

"What happened to you?" I found myself asking as she continued pouring streams upon streams of tears. She looked up, and her eyes caught mine. Bright blue orbs like the ocean but dense; so dense and void. Like she had lost all that could bring light to her life. "What happened to you Maraïda?"

"My father! My father, he would hit my mother, hit my sister and me like we were animals. He'd apologise and say he'll never do it again but still would do it all over." As she spoke, I saw an amount of vulnerability I had never before seen, "then he would start doing things to my sister when my mama was sick. Then she died!" She fell into tears, choking on her words.

"It's OK. You don't have to say it all if you can't. I know how you feel."

"No you don't? How can you? How can anyone understand my life?"

"My father was never the best either. Only, my mother was stronger and fought him. Sit." I helped her to sit on one of the garden benches, "I had no right to but I hated both of them. My father for being a dick," Mara let out a small laugh as she had never head Sophia cuss, "and my mother for being just as bad as he was. She fought him but she also turned into him."

A few moments of cool silence pass by. Then she suddenly broke into tears saying,

"My father was a rapist!!!" She broke again, she cried heavily,"He raped my sister and got her pregnant."

What?

Then everything about her came clear to me. I thought my parents were bad! but she had seen worst. This girl had been through hell that was for sure. My father was verbally abusive but physically or sexually.

"Did he, did he ever touch you?"

"No! Marina would never let him. He tried once, but; she killed him for it." She cried into her palms, "She killed him. My sister killed my father."

"Oh my God! Is she in jail?" She sniffed.

"No. We had to run away. I didn't want her to go to jail! She was pregnant. But she died giving birth." She stared into space. An air of satisfaction showing on her face. She was definitely bipolar. One minute she was breaking down, the next she was sarcastic, happy, nervous, anxious!

"They all died and left me alone." She said as if it meant nothing, "I planned to join them too but," She looked down at her little bum, "I can't. I can't do this to my baby. It doesn't deserve to suffer for my insecurities." She cried again.

Now I wanted to help her. I wanted to do something to make her trust, if not Jared, me at least!Maraïda needed to trust someone enough to give herself worth and her life value. She didn't only have to live only for the child she was carrying. She was eighteen. She had so much more to live for.

"I had a miscarriage once and I have never," pain flashed through me as the memories refreshed in my mind, "I lost .y womb in the cleansing process and could never bear another child." She turned to look at me. What I saw in her eyes wasn't pity.

She didn't pity me. She understood me!

"I'm sorry!" She said.

"Don't be. Just promise me to keep yourself and this child alive. I love Jared with my life and I know that I would never be able to give him what would truly complete him; but you can. You have. I want him to be happy. In exchange I promise you I'll give my life if ever this child were in need of it. I'll protect him with every ounce of strength in me. But you have to promise me first..." I looked into her eyes, she smiled. For two seconds, her sea blue eyes glittered.

"Him?" She asked. I became confused, "and all this time, each time I imagine this child, I pictured a girl." Her sense of humour amused me. Then she straighten up.

"As long you'll keep up your end of the bargain. I promise to uphold mine."

Don't we all love and adore Sophia. Now let's get real. What?? 1.66k reads? Hold up! I haven't updated in a while and y'all still show me love!!! I honestly don't know hat I'll do without you.

Stay fabulous y'all.

Vote and comment.

Love, Lynzi.