Tricks on Jared.

Mara's POV

I believe fantasies can come true.

After the first time, I never again imagined that Jared Shenko and I would ever share the same breath; no matter the circumstance. I knew for one, that after the first time, it could never again happen. Reasons being: I never believed I could feel anything other than emptiness ever again; I witnessed first hand his love for Sophia and hers for him, they were practically perfect together; and he was way older than I was. Apart from that, I thought I had lost the ability to feel any for anyone: I couldn't even feel sorry for myself. Everything was dead to me. But this feelings were revived when Jared touched me. Everything came back alive when he kissed me.

But you know what the say about the dead coming back to life! They come back without a soul.

I had only dared dream about it, but today it happened. It happened! He kissed me and my life change. My vision of life changed. The second his soft lips met mine, I had only one desire in mind and in heart; for Jared to be mine; mine alone and forever.

It was going to be a sealed deal, until the devil's interruption: Sophia arrived. As much as her presence became an annoyance for me, I was kind off glad she came, and saw. He was mine now. I was going to make him mine now; and that, forever.

As I had been hoping, wishing and praying, Sophia was pretty ticked off; calling me names, yelling at Jared, then running away, blah, blah, blah! But unlike how I imagined Jared and I taking off again from where we had stopped, the beautiful bliss of sex again, this time with love; the idiot ran after her instead. I could hear him pleading on her to come back, that he was sorry, that it was a mistake.

Then I was ticked off. No! I was angry. How dared he place me as a mistake when clearly he was as attracted to me as I was to him. We had just been sharing something very intense and uncommon. Then he goes and calls it a mistake? I wasn't accepting it. I had a plan.

I needed to draw his attention back to me. And it seemed like I had more than enough excuses. I was pregnant, and crazy; mostly crazy; anything I did had that as a good enough excuse.

I found a blade and swiped it under my toe. It stunk a little but I had become a sucker for pain. Blood oozed out like a fountain. I used a big blob of cotton, I damped on as much blood as I possibly could. Knowing that I could soon loose consciousness from the amount of blood I was loosing, I sealed the cut with a plaster before putting on a pair of black wool socks, to hide the colour in case I bleed some more. I smeared blood all over my thighs right down to my ankles, on my panties, on the bed a little. It was a messy scene to look at. One would think I had the worst accident ever.

The things I learned in theater class while in school: improve was a life saving skill, or this case, a life threatening skill. I disposed of the evidence by putting it under my bed, then, I screamed for help.

My foot wound hadn't been well sealed so I continued bleeding. I was loosing blood fast and that had never been a good thing when it comes to me. One time in my life, I cut my hand and passed of from the bleeding in my mother's kitchen. My entire family teased me about for a long time, but they also became more cautious when it came to me and cuts. My mother would even freak when I fell and had a bruise. I was a delicate child. Now I'm a delicate but deranged teenager. I am pregnant for a billionaire married older man and plotting to steal him away from his true love.

How my life had changed.

Since I was still bleeding and knee what followed suit, I tried to make it down the stairs before blacking out completely, but just at the head of the flight of stairs, I saw the familiar black spots clouding, slowing obscuring my view. Not wanting to put mine and my baby's life at risk, I laid myself in the most comfortable position I could. When Jared wasn't coming soon enough, I cried out again but this time, I made sure I mentioned that my baby, his baby, the reason why all this events are following themselves, that precious Pearl was in danger. I screamed again and waited till I blacked out completely, the sound of Jared's voice calling out to me being the last thing I heard as I plunged into a beautiful dream of a future I never thought I could have; with a man, my man, my Jared and our little angel. We were playing in a park; Jared was in love with me. He loved our child, he kissed my cheek lovingly, he stared into my eyes like it was a beautiful pool filled with a million sapphires; he smiled, scooped me up from the floor, laid me on the grass, position himself on top of me, always smiling,

"I love you Maraïda!" He told me. " I am the luckiest man on earth to have you in my life. I was in such a bad place before I met you. But you came in, you loved, you gave me a child,you completed me. I love you and I would always do. I will love and our little angel forever. And I promise you, no matter what happens, we will always be together. No one will ever come in between us. "

"Not even Sophia?" I asked him,

"Not even the devil himself, I give you my word! I love you!"

"I love you too Jared Shenko. And I'll do anything in my power to keep you forever."