It's a girl!!!

Jared's POV

I had been in the office all day, like I had been lately, knee deep into my work. Sometimes I wished I could just stay in the office and work all through. But that was not how it worked. I had to go back to my home which didn't feel like it anymore. I got home but she wasn't home. No one had any idea about her whereabouts, she hadn't said a thing to me either.

It took everything humane that I had in me not break down the main doors of the house when I heard a car pull up in the yard. How could she still have the guts to leave this house without my knowledge or permission? We had already agreed, she couldn't leave without my knowledge!

And now she was demanding I let her be the mother of my child!

None of this was ever part of the deal! All I wanted was my child and my wife. But I had lost my wife. Sophia wasn't even answering my calls or replying my messages. She didn't want to have anything to do with me. Then there was Maraïda who was playing with my baby's life?

No!

I was about to put her in her place.

She strolled through the doors like nothing in her life was wrong. Looking happy as a sunflower. She carried a couple of shopping bags. She saw me standing in the living room, then walked off like I wasn't even there.

I felt a rush of adrenaline. How dared she? This was a second time she was ignoring me while i was angry. She'd caused me to hit my wife the first time.

She comes back home after being out all day, pretends not to see me? Not even a explanation!

I followed her, walking two times as fast as she was up the stairs,

"Maraïda! Maraïda I'm calling you! How dare you walk away from me?" Finally closing up to her, I grabbed her hard by the arm and spun her around, "Hey! I'm talking to you."

"So what? So what Jared? Why must I listen to you? Or Jared Shenko speaks loudly with anger! Well guess what: Elina Mendoza doesn't give a fuck. Fuck off!" She pointed her slender fingers to my chest,

"Did you just talk to me like that?"

"Yes the fuck I am!" She yelled, her small blue eyes popping out, "why must I listen to you when you never listen to me when I talk."

"What the hell are you talking about? Don't I spend time with you, listening to you talk bullshit day and night? What more of listening do you want me to do?"

"Oh yeah right! I talk bullshit all the time that's why you don't listen! You sit there with me but you're not even with me. You're elsewhere and don't give shit about what I say! Like when I told you about coming to the clinic with me today? To know the gender of our baby? And buy stuff that fits the gender?"

That was when it hit me. She had indeed told me about her clinic visit today. How could I have forgotten. Now I was feeling like a dipped in shit jerk.

"Oh it's a miracle!" She laughed, something sarcastic; "the great and mighty Jared Shenko is speechless! It's not really a miracle since you've always been speechless with me, right Jared?"

"I'm sorry Maraïda. I must have zoned out!"

"Just cut it out Jared! I'm not a charity case you know? The least you could do is show up when you promise to; if you can't do that now, Jared, what about when she's born? Is this the kind of father you're going to be to her? Forget the important events of her life? Her birthday? School presentations? Plays? Dance rehearsal? You may think I don't know or don't care because I'm not always in my right mind but I see things! I know stuff and feel them too. I know Sophia's absence is affecting you a lot but that should never be an excuse for you to neglect your own child before she's even born! Just like you're doing now! What if Sophia never comes back? Is this how my daughter is going to be neglected?"

She said so much but just one thing ran through my mind; it was a girl! My baby was a girl! I was going to have a baby daughter! A little princess!

I was so overwhelmed, I hugged her. And I cried! This was a big moment. I can't believe I had forgotten. But I vowed to never again miss a single part of her life.

"I'm sorry Maraïda! I should have been there. But I am also so happy right now!" I told her as I hugged her. I could feel her shocked and surprised state, but that wasn't stopping me, I was too happy, "thank you! Thank you so much for my daughter. And I promise, " I released her from the hug and looked into her eyes, "I promise you to be ninety nine percent a part of this baby's life, from now till the day I die; I promise."

"Yeah! Whatever! And that is not supposed to be a promise but an obligation. You owe it to her! We both do." That was all she said. Then she dumped a large envelope into my arms, "that's the baby! And we really need to start shopping for her already. I'll be in my room." Then she left. I was too happy to be bothered by her vibe.

I opened the envelope, she was beautiful!!!

It was just graphics but I could tell she was going to be gorgeous. Right there and then, I swore my life to her no matter what. I spent the whole night looking at her, imagining what she could have gotten off me. I dreamed about her and for the very first time in a long time, I slept and felt peaceful. Not even the thoughts of Sophia or Maraïda bothered me. Nothing mattered. My daughter was going to be born.

That was just all I was asking for.