Chapter 22

It was the next day. Leo already left, he went up early. He left a note beside my bed table, saying that he had some important meeting to attend. I got up from bed and stretched my body after a long hour of laying there. I changed in my finest clothes and styled my hair up in a french braid.

I went inside the bathroom and was horrified of what i just saw. Leo's locks of hair was at the floor. I heard someone enter inside, i turned and saw a maid and Simon. "I'm very sorry to barge in miss (y/n), we didn't want to disturb you from your sleep, but it seems that you had already awaken." Simon explained.

"What happened here?" I asked, "I'm sure you already know why miss (y/n)." He answered back. The maid excused herself as she started cleaning up the mess. The two of us went out of the room as a sigh of disappointment escaped my mouth. Simon turned and look at me, he asked me what was wrong.

"If only i knew Simon..." I lowered my head. "It wasn't your fault miss (y/n)." He assured me, but if only i didn't say anything. Maybe i couldn't have hurt him. "By the way miss (y/n), may i inform you that Sir. Dean would be coming over today." Simon announced.

"Then maybe Dean could help me! He's a doctor after all." I smiled. "Miss (y/n), i believe that Sir Leo informed you about this situation being private." Simon sigh, "Dean is Leo's older brother. I trust him, and i know that he could be such a great help." I smiled.

We heard the door open as i heard Dean's cheery voice. I went downstairs and gave Dean a warm smile. "(y/n)! Its a pleasure to meet you again." He bowed down as he took my hand and plant a kissed on top of it again. I still wasn't used to it and felt myself blush, "you'll get used to it soon dear." He smiled.

The two of us went inside the living room as we asked each other well-being. "I'm sorry, but Leo was quite in a rush and left quite early since he has an important meeting to attend too." I explained. "I'm not so sure about that important meeting.." He murmur.

But i could hear him clearly. I ignored it and just moved on. "Dean, I'd like to say something. Its about Leo..." I said, i lowered my head and felt a wave of guilt once again when it flashed back through my eyes of him saying those words.

"Something bothering you dear?" He asked as he sipped his cup of tea, his eyes never unlocking his eye contact with mine. I looked up and told him about Leo having cancer. He listened as he puts down his cup of tea and remained calm.

"O-oh...is that-- i mean, yes, yes. I understand. Thats quite horrible to hear, yes." He was quite troubled with his sentence. "Cancer is a very serious disease. But we sadly don't have any cure for it." He added. I sigh, "I know..."

"Stay strong for Leo (y/n). You're a good wife to him." Dean smiled at me. He was calm as ever, i never this reaction from him. I thought that he might breakdown and cry. "Well, I'll try to do what i could." Dean assured me.

"Thank you." I smiled back. "I'll be best going now (y/n). I still have some things to do." Dean said as he stood up from the chair and gave me a hug, which I didn't expect. "Take care dear." He waved goodbye and left.