Chapter 23

"(y/n), where are you?" I heard Leo's arrival. I was peacefully reading a book at the living room. I got up from the comfy chair and greeted Leo good evening, he wrapoed his hands around my waist and pulled me close to him and kissed my forehead.

He had little bald spots at his head, but not that very noticeable. I felt a wave of guilt once again as it reminded me of that day.

His sudden affection surprised me for certain. "L-let's eat. I cooked something delicious today." I announced as i smiled at him. "Really? Its been awhile since i tasted your own cook." He answered back.

We went inside the dining room and sat in silence as the maid arrives with the dish that i prepared. We began to eat, i asked Leo about his day to break the silence between us. "By the way, Dean came by." I stated. He stopped eating and looked at me, his face became serious.

"What did you two talked about?" He asked, "N-nothing in particular." I lied as i looked at another direction. "I know that face (y/n). Are you lying to me?" He asked, "N-no! Of course not! Why would i even lie to you?" I began to panic.

"I love you (y/n), and I'm your husband. You can tell me anything, and everything." He made his statement clear. "I-i...i love you too Leo. And as your wife, i could never lie to you." I stuttered through my words. It was hard for me to say, i don't love him anymore. I'm only saying this because guilt is taking over me.

A smirk curved in his lips as he took a bite on the piece of food that was stuck on the fork. "You know darling, it'll be a shame that i have to carve out your tongue to stop you from saying lies." He said, i gulped and statted to sweat.

"Leo, I'm telling the truth." I answered. "Then why is your gorgeous eyes saying the opposite (y/n)?" He chuckle darkly "I said it once, and i'll say it again. I won't ever lie."

"Do you want to get locked up again, darling?" He asked as he let go of the fork and stood up with the most spine-chilling look on his face. I stood up and backed away, "W-why are you still doing this?! I stayed for you! I stayed for you because i felt bad for you!" I yelled.

The maids and the other servants could never do anything about this. They were too frightened. Simon is not even present here, he can't save me from Leo this time.

"I've been loyal to you since the beginning (y/n). I love you, and you have to learn from your mistakes, as a punishment." He laughed as he snatched my wrist and began to pull me to another direction. He was pulling me down the basement.