12

The Heat
Part 1

Neo had rushed to Mateo's office, following Octavia's orders.

Reaching it, he instantly let them know there was a problem, ignoring the stand off taking place, walking fast into Mateo's office, not wanting the guards to hear, closing the door behind them firmly.

"What the hell is going on Neo?" Mateo ordered.

"It's Serena. She's on heat." Neo rushed.

Before Mateo could react, still stunned at Neo's words, his father and Rocco grabbed him.

"What the hell...!" Mateo struggled, trying to get out of their grip, needing to get to Serena.

"She needs me!" He shouted, "Let me go!" He ordered.

Rocco and Neo fought against the order from their Alpha. But his Dad had no problem, he was able to hold onto his son.

"Meu filho...calm yourself." Leo ordered his son, invoking his authority into his voice, the one only able to make Mateo submit, "You cannot claim her. If you do, her attacker will find out and Serena's safety will be at risk."

"But...Pappa...she needs me... I'm her mate." Mateo tried to fight his father's strength and authority.

"You can't my son..." Leo held firmly.

"There's a way..." Neo spoke fast, "Queen Octavia said if they imprint, they don't necessarily have to fully mate. Giving us time till the next wave of heat. Hopefully by then we would have caught the traitor."

Leo and Mateo listened carefully, "Can you do that...Meu filho?" Leo asked Mateo, "If you can control your wolf, I'll let you go. Remember, this is important, you need to keep Serena safe. If you claim her, she is a target."

Mateo understood the implications if he failed to control his wolf and claim Serena. Nodding his head, his father let him go, "Where is she?"

"She has been taken to your private quarters." Neo responded.

Thanking them he rushed to his room, upon approaching his mother stood there, guarding the door with two female warriors.

"Mamma...?"

"Meu pequeno...she is in there, safe." His mother responded.

Nodding his head, he entered his room, closing and locking the door.

The smell of Serena's arousal hitting him with full force. Leaning forward, placing his forehead on the door, he took in big gulps of air, closing his eyes tightly, he fought for control, remembering his father's words.

"Mateo..."

Shuddering at hearing her voice, Mateo turned, looking across the room, Serena was on his bed, laying against the pile of pillows on his bed, wearing a silky pyjama top, her long brown hair fanned out over the pillow under her head in a enticing disarray. Mateo approached his bed, tempted by the vision before him, removing his shoes and socks, he got onto his bed, never taking his gaze off Serena, covering her body with his own, he took both her arms and pressed them over her head, one hand clasping her wrists. Her body arching towards his, gazing down at her intently, Mateo spoke sternly, "Trust me to make this good for us."

"Yes..." Serena moaned, agreeing to anything at this point.

Keeping one hand holding her wrists, Mateo's other hand moved down her arm, his fingers trailing across her skin, leaving goosebumps along their trail. His hand stopped, fingers resting on her breast, he cupped her breast, squeezing and releasing until she made a restless movement with her hip. Mateo moved to tease her beaded nipple, sliding his fingers over the silky fabric covering them, he pinched them tightly, enjoying the moan against his lips. Letting go of her wrists he cupped her cheeks, deepening his kiss.

Moving abruptly away, Mateo stood up, discarding his clothes at speed. Moving forward, he lifted Serena, removing her top, leaving her only in silk panties. Mateo gazed at her body, laying down next to her, his fingers moving over her smooth creamy skin.

He leaned down and pressed sensual kisses to each gentle curve of her upper breasts, letting his tongue flick out, he tasted her silken skin.

She gasped, "Mateo.'

He took one of her raspberry bud into his mouth. Suckling, teasing the tip. While his hands skimmed the back of her thighs moving up cupping her silky clad buttocks.

Her hands landed on his shoulders, fingernails digging in hard enough, that he knew he would have crescent shaped marks there.

"Please, Mateo, don't tease. I need you."

He lifted his head, giving her a wicked smile, "You've only begun to need."

She shook her head, "No. I've wanted you for so long."

"And you'll have me. But in time. My sweet Serena."

He waited to see acceptance in her expression. Willing her to remain still, he removed her silk bottoms. She lay silent, still, completely exposed before him. He had never been so turned-on and if he wasn't careful he would lose control.

He hummed in masculine approval as his arms came around her, settling on her naked back. Her excited beads brushing his hair covered chest, she shivered in reaction of the sensation it caused. He pressed their lips together more harshly than he'd ever done before, possessive and insistent.

Winding her arms around his neck, she melted into Mateo. His growl of approval sent pleasure zinging through her. Mateo moved his mouth along her jaw, placing arousing kisses over her face and down her neck. Each caress of his lips branding her, marking her as his. He slid his mouth down, kissing the top of her breast with suction, leaving a mark, proof of his touch on her body.

Their gazes locked. The sight of him touching her intimately, mixed with the physical sensation, increased her pleasure beyond what she could stand. His hand slid from her breast down her body until his fingertips rested against her clitoris. She licked her lips, tasting Mateo on them. He made a primitive sound of arousal and his mouth descended on hers, his kiss just as primal. She responded with all the sexual and emotional need surging through her, allowing him access.

He touched her clitoris, a swipe and circle of his middle finger against swollen flesh, that he repeated over and over again. She squirmed, her body moving restlessly, her thighs parting of their own volition, dark delight coiled inside her, tighter and tighter, until it was a compressed ball of energy in her womb. It sent electric shocks to her core, making her most intimate place pulse. She couldn't breathe, but she didn't want to end the kiss.

With a final swipe of his tongue, Mateo broke the kiss. He nuzzled her, placing open-mouthed kisses on her face. "Give you pleasure to me, Amore. Come for me now." The demand whispered against her ear, a a second finger joined the first against her clitoris, the double stimulation on either side of the bundle of nerves too much to deny. She climaxed with a scream, her entire body arching against him, the sensual joy too intense too contain. He lightened his touch, but did not remove his fingers, pulling her through aftershocks that made her cry out and finally whimper with pleasure. The whole time he whispered endearments into her ear, "So very, very beautiful. My precious mate."

She let her eyelids flutter closed, floating in a cloud of exultation, at peace in a way she had not been her whole adult life.