8

Lyla ran through the streets of Astapor, pushing and shoving her way through people. She took a turn, reaching the edge of the city next to the ocean. Men hung on wooden posts, bleeding and tired.

She walked up to them, looking up with a sad, confused expression. Red lines decorated their flesh, and flies swarmed them, landing in their closed eyes and open mouths.

The men hung motionless as Lyla watched them. She stayed focused on them, jumping as two arms wrapped around her torso.

"You can't run off like that!" She heard Jorah scold as he carried her up and over to Daenerys.

"Yes I can. I just did!" Lyla said factually. Ser Barristan walked up to the little girl, wide eyes.

"Lyla Stark." He said with surprise. "How in the world did you get to Astapor from Winterfell?"

"Stark?" Daenerys looked at them confused.

"I don't know." Lyla lied, ignoring Daenerys's surprise.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it must be hard losing a father." Barristan dipped his head in respect.

"My loss?" She tilted her head. "What happened to my father?"

Barristan cringed in realization that the girl didn't know what had happened. He was surprised that she didn't know, an entire war started over it.

"Your father... Was..." Barristan could barely say the words. Before he did he could still begin to see tears rise in the girl's eyes. "He was executed in King's Landing a while back. The boy king is holding your sister Sansa hostage."

"Why? What did he do?" Lyla's voice grew soft as her tears began to fall.

"That's for another time." Barristan didn't want to get into all the nitty gritty details currently. Jorah took Lyla's little hand, and continued to go down the walk of punishment.

---

Daenerys had made her negotiations with the slave master. One of her dragons for the entire Unsullied army. The master agreed readily, and now they stood in a large courtyard with the Unsullied lined up.

A large cage was rolled out, the screeching of Drogon making Lyla shift on her feet. Daenerys pulled it open, leading Drogon out on a long chain. Drogon cried out, confused at their restraint.

The master handed her a whip with the slave harpy on the handle and in return to Drogon's chain. Daenerys walked away from her child almost emotionless, and down to the Unsullied.

The Unsullied followed the few test commands Daenerys gave, and did so flawlessly. Missandei was surprised at Daenerys's almost perfect Valyrian, but the master was too distracted by wrestling with a crying Drogon to notice.

"Tell the bitch her beast won't come!" The master ordered Missandei, Drogon crying out for his mother.

"A dragon is not a slave." Daenerys said in a powerful voice, shocking the master.

"You speak Valyrian?" He shouted, outraged.

"I am Daenerys Stormborn, of house Targaryen, of the old blood of Valyria." Daenerys spoke with pride. "Valyrian is my mother tongue."

Daenerys addressed the Unsullied. In the Valyrian tongue, she commanded them to slay everyone who held a whip, every master, every soldier. To strike the chains off every slave, and not harm any child.

The bloodshed began, the Unsullied spearing the masters like the pigs they were. Soon, an entire battle broke out, and a rather one sided battle at that.

"Kill her! Kill her!" The slave master screamed, but to no avail. Daenerys turned around slowly, looking up at her child.

"Dracarys."

Flames erupted from Drogon's mouth, and the master screamed in agony as he was burnt to nothing.