Chapter Twelve- Unanswered Questions

Questions littered my brain in no real order. Shouting them out seemed like the only way to think things through.

"Rebellion, what the hell do you mean? You guys are trying to take over the Flying Force? Why?" I asked.

"Ever just come across something that doesn't seem right? Disappearances like your fathers? Whole families going missing, drone crashes, or buildings catching fire randomly?" Arwago pulled a bag out of his pocket and opened it. 

"How does that warrant a rebellion?!" I asked. How could he be hungry at a time like this?

"It's not just disappearances, we know that we have been lied to for centuries about certain things," he said, with a mouth full of some unidentifiable crunchy food. 

"Like what exactly?" It triggered my curiosity.

"Like the fact that Arkii is habitable and possibly harbors intelligent life" he kept his face straight. Two days ago, I would have said that was the craziest thing I had ever heard. But now? It didn't seem that way at all.

On second thought, I laughed. No way that we have lived that close to another planet with people on it and never known. Arwago must have understood my thought process from the look on my face.

"Listen, I don't need to convince you and we don't have time, truth is now that I have told you about it, you are a part of it. How big of a role you play is up to you. Tesser is going to update your calcumat. Don't talk to anyone about this, ever," he said. How many people had heard this same crazy story? Arwago was just an insane paranoid person that found a few friends.

"What about Notawa? She sent me to you so she's part of this right?"

"We all try to operate anonymously, it's for the best. The only two connections you have are me and Tesser. That's it." I looked at him, still unsure about anything he was saying. A rebellion? That was crazy.

"Come one lets go talk to Tesser. She will get you set up on the comm list so you can read some of what's going on." We left the blue room, I more confused and upset than when I had gone in.

Tesser pounced on us when we walked out, "Ok so your comms are already encrypted. When I replaced your calcumat, I kind of added in that special feature. If you are coming to this room, comm me first. That way I can override your location. Does this make sense?" She was holding my wrist and typing something into my calcumat.

"I think so..." I was overwhelmed. Tesser seemed too smart to fall for Arwago's craziness. Then again, he was very handsome. She wasn't dumb enough to go with this because of a crush, was she? She interrupted my thoughts, sensing my doubt.

"Listen, just read through the comms and come back tomorrow after lights out, but you need to leave now, trust me, people are always watching, especially you," she gave my wrist back to me and left me standing there. Arwago jumped in.

"I will walk you back to your quarters. Once we leave, no questions. Got it?" he said.

"Sure, I don't really understand any of it anyway," I said.

"Read the comm sheet. You already read the book right? So you know why the end is missing?"

"Someone didn't like it?" I joked.

"Exactly. Someone didn't want us to know what really happened when we got to Arkii," he said.

"So what did happen?" I asked.