Chapter 27 -It Comes To Blows

"I will take that Ta'law," my defenses were already up when I flipped around to see Su'jee standing by the elevator, with her shock prod extended out in front of her.

"I couldn't get it to open, but now it's all set thanks to you,"

"Yeah, why don't you hand me the shock-prod while you take a look?" I asked. The case was shoved backwards by my foot, it slid loudly across the old tile, stopping when it hit the wall behind me. Each sparring session with her had been difficult, she was the better fighter, and she had a weapon. Her slow movement forward, was precautionary, she was looking for Krit'ts.

"You really think twelve combustibles is going to stop him? You're an idiot, and Krit'ts is an idiot too, did you even check to see if someone was following you? Or watching you? Or even consider that we always have your global coordinates? I mean the audacity of your stupid mind is actually bewildering. You deserve his spite, and you both deserve what he has planned," I didn't wait for her to say anything else, I launched at her. My open hand slapped the shock-prod out of my path, then tackled her to the ground. Su'jee tried to regain control, but I was too fast. The combinations we were tumbling through gave neither of us the advantage. Once she got her bearings, it became more onesided.

My mistake was fighting with high emotions. Training had taught me to never do that. It made a person over shoot their targets or put too much pressure into a move or rush to dominate. All these were mistakes I was making. I overshot an attempt to gain the full mount. Her body bucked me off, bringing her left arm to my side where she stabbed me with the tip of the shock-prod. The two prongs on the top, punctured my skin a half an inch. When it had hit me, it made me go completely rigid throughout my entire body. Without the ability to stop her, she kept digging it into my side. My mouth was open and a painful scream was forcing its way from the bottom of my lungs. It was hopeless, that electric current incapacitated me. I had already lost. She stood over me after finally releasing the shock-prod from my side.

"You're so pathetic, it's almost funny that you were picked to be the next Master Guardian, I'm sure we will find some other horribly embarrassing candidate to fill in after you're gone," She kicked me hard right in my stomach. I was already not moving and doubled over in pain. After the kick I was coughing uncontrollably, writhing on the ground.

"I should just kill you now, save Geokee the trouble," She had gotten something out of the back of her pants. I heard it make a very intimidating click. Her brief distraction was my opportunity. From my position on the ground I spun on the hard tile. I left one leg extended out so that it tripped Su'jee. There wasn't enough power in my kick to knock her over, but it was enough to unbalance her. Before I could follow my kick with some other, more powerful move, she was tackled by someone else. This was not a person I had seen or dealt with before, but I would be forever in their debt.

They already had Su'jee in a hold from behind her back. He was entirely unstoppable. The hold was perfect and Su'jee didn't have a chance. While whoever he was, dealt with her, I looked down at my side, still coughing from the hard kick. Blood was slowly seeping from the two holes. My head turned towards her, she was already close to passing out. The mystery man was behind her, with her body locked by his legs, and her neck being choked by his arm. Her face was purple from trying to escape the move, but whoever this person was, he was too good. It would be a blatant lie to say I didn't enjoy watching her finally pass out. The man jumped up and released her immediatley.

"That was easier than I thought, grab the case," he said in an arrogant tone. His hair was cut just like master guardians but it was jet black and much shorter. There was barely enough to get it into a bun. Lines from smiling were non existant on his cheeks. His shoulders were squared and set rigidly back. Each step from him was a march, militaristic in both form and attitude. Possibly he could be attractive if he didn't look so stern. His eyebrows were obviously stuck in a permanent furrow. His dark eyes darted suspiciously from side to side.

"That's because I was distracting her," I told him, both my hands were covering the puncture wounds on my side, trying to stem the flow of blood. Breaths came in short quick bursts, almost gasps, the pain was so sharp on each inhale.

"If you would have properly cased the room, that never would have happened," he said, his arms were still balled into fists, like he was expecting me to be difficult.

"Are you serious, she had a weapon?"

"Weapon or not, you almost got yourself killed," he said.

"Who the hell are you to tell me anything?" I asked, he was getting on my nerves.

"Riko," he answered simply as I followed him to the elevator. He stood with one hand over the other, both were behind his back, in our typical parade rest, as we waited for the elevator to reach the first floor.

"You should lock that back up," he said. He had pointed at the case of bombs I was holding onto. I did as I was told while the elevator creaked back above ground.

"When we get out of here don't talk to anyone, just go straight back to your room. We need to leave soon, you can't be on that space flight," he said as the machine beeped and the door opened. I watched him leave the elevator and then went on my way down the hall. He had taken the case with the combustibles. The limping became more pronounced, until I finally reached my room. There was still no word on Krit'ts, hopefully he was fine and had recovered what we needed.

"Is this broken?" I asked when I saw my door gone.

"Your door privileges have been revoked," answered Rotowey, his twisted smile showing his obvious amusement. The female guard that was with him was reeling in my misery just as much.

"Is that a thing?" I asked walking through the empty doorway to my room. Neither of them asked about my limp or the blood.

"Apparently," he answered. The seat at my desk didn't look comfortable, but bed was out of the question. I didn't dare send a comm to anyone, Su'jee had known everything and all but told me my calcumat was compromised. It took everything in my will power to not get up and search for Krit'ts. There was no message from him, and my worry only grew as the night wore on. Giving up, I limped to my air mattress and climbed in without getting undressed. Still, I knew that tomorrow morning it would all be over one way or another.