Chapter 25- A Plan Forms

"Su'jee, do you think it's real?!" I was afraid of answering it. Su'jee looked more excited than I was. The secret comms sheet coming back online and the hack into my calcumat made me confident that it was, but still I wanted to be cautious.

"Only one way to find out," as she said it, I answered the voice comm.

"Ta'law! Is that you?!" It was indeed Arwago's voice that was on the other line.

"Yes! Yes, it is, where are you?" I answered, I was so excited to be talking to him, it was such a relief to know he was alive and able to communicate with me.

"We made it here, to the polar region base, on the Jostedal glacier, oh thank the gods, we were monitoring your body chip and it went offline, we assumed the worst, but Tesser just discovered that your calcumat was still online...anyways we are very relieved that you made it through all that, listen I don't have a lot of time, Tesser is trying to keep this comm from being overheard and its...difficult, we need your help, Tesser discovered something very disturbing about Master Guardian's plan, we need you guys to sabotage it," He's was talking very quickly and it was hard to hear, he sounded like he was underwater. The static kept cutting in and out, making me certain he wouldn't be on the line for very long.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Tesser left some...combustibles that you need to recover...very carefully..." I heard a sort of shuffle and then it was Tesser talking on the line, still cutting out every few words.

"Ta'law, these combustibles need to be recovered...down in the emergency shelter, it's a make shift extra sort of area that I was using to experiment with certain materials so as to be able to aid us should we ever need to...leave with a bang...say. I can't give you directions, it was hard enough to comm this time, but you can find it, just go down there and...it's hard to say exactly but just..." Arwago interrupted again.

"Just follow the signs, you will know when you see it, then deliver the combustibles to a privy master named Riko, he will take care of the rest. We sent him a package...should be delivered later today ... it's too dangerous and sensitive, we are going to go now but please just do this, we will...be coming for you guys soon, ok bye," Arwago was trying to get off the line but I was desperate for more information

"Arwago wait, what else? I mean should I relay anything to Krit'ts?" I asked.

"Krit'ts? What? No, Ta'law he's..." the line went dead. Su'jee looked at me, like a gift had just landed in her lap.

"What was that at the end about Krit'ts?" She asked. Her face was just as confused as mine.

"I don't know but it didn't sound good," I told her. Rotowey would be looking for me shortly, so we left and went to the medical area. After everything that had happened, we were gone maybe four minutes, but Rotowey and Krit'ts were already at medical looking for me. Su'jee's quick thinking saved us.

"Sorry she passed out and it took a minute to get her to wake up," she said.

Krit'ts wasn't buying it at all, his brows were scrunch in a knowing way.

"Ta'law go and get checked out, Su'jee and Rotowey can stand guard outside," he said. Giving orders to someone that was now higher ranked than him was a mistake, still, Rotowey left without protesting.

Krit'ts went to talk to the medical selectman at the front desk. Without a body monitoring chip, the medical team was flummoxed. The calcumat would normally give the selectmen a code to type into their diagnostic machine. Without a chip, there was no code. The selectmen had no idea what was wrong with me, since it was nothing, they were closer than they knew. They simply diagnosed me with low blood sugar and sent me on my way with a concentrated nectar bar. Before I left medical Krit'ts pulled me aside.