FIVE

«--- CHAPTER FIVE ---»
DEMON BLOOD

«--- CHAPTER FIVE ---»DEMON BLOOD

CLARY HAD A VISION. A CONFUSING ONE OF HER MOTHER floating in the air, asleep. A man stood over her body in a threatening manner, looking down at her with a look that she could not decipher. When it shook her from her sleep she shot up from her bed and slammed her forehead into something hard. She opened her eyes and realized that it wasn't something but more of a someone.

"Ow." The raven-haired girl huffed with her eyes closed. Clary looked the beautiful girl up and down to realize she didn't recognize her. Her dark hair and features make her look like someone off a magazine cover and last time she checked the only model-worthy woman she knew was her best friend and mother. She started to scoot back. "Wait, I don't know who you-"

"I'm Isabelle." She cooed, making Clary rest back in her seat a bit. "I've never seen Jace so curious about a mundane -or distracted. Like you saw earlier, distractions are dangerous in our line of work." She explained.

Clary was too busy staring at all the beds, chairs, and bedside tables in the large infirmary. Clearly, it wasn't a hospital. The room was too fancy and modern. Her confusion was caused by a single wall of old stone and stained glass. It made her feel uneasy not knowing where she was because she didn't recognize the room at all.

May lied in a bed on the left side of the room. One of the last beds in a row. She slept peacefully on her back, a large shirt covering the slowly rising chest. Clary's nervousness was eased by seeing that girl across the room.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Who's Jace?" She asked, turning her attention back to the brunette.

With a sweet smile, Isabelle leaned closer and examined her carefully. "You really don't know much, do you?" She hummed.

"All I know is some psychos took my mother, and now you people have taken me and my cousin," She said, noting the things she saw happen not more than a few moments before. It was all blurry in her mind's eye, not knowing how to explain the things she saw. From people turning to dust to Dot being some big grey monster it seemed like she was on some psychedelic drug.

"And by 'taken' I assume you mean 'saved your life'?" Isabelle corrected.

The blond from the loft walked into the infirmary with his arms over his chest. The raven-haired boy, the one from the Pandemonium was following after him, not pleased with what he had brought into his Institute. "A mundane shouldn't even be here." He stated.

Jace glared in his direction, not saying anything to him before turning to the redhead. "Where is 'here' exactly?" Clary asked, but no one in the room heard her.

"She's not a mundane, Alec," Jace grumbled.

"How do you know that?"

A voice from across the room grumbled out a few words as she woke. "Because she's Clary Fairchild." May sat up and hissed in pain, running her fingers through her hair. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and planting them solidly on the ground.