TWELVE

«---CHAPTER TWELVE---»
SILENT TREAMENT

MAY TOOK OFF HER SWEATER, leaving her in a sports bra and sweat pants

MAY TOOK OFF HER SWEATER, leaving her in a sports bra and sweat pants. She took the piece of fabric and moved it to the center of the training room. She tied the silk blindfold over her eyes and took a deep breath, not being able to see her surroundings.

"Ready?"

She nodded, she held out her hand and a bamboo bo staff was placed in her palm. She spun it once and secured it in her hand before bowing. She took another deep breath and sighed.

"Ready."

Her eyes flashed white under the silk, going unseen by anyone else. She smiled knowingly. She saw every hit, where they were coming from, how they would hit her, she was able to block and hit every move. She moved angelically on the floor.

She slid her foot under one attacker, making them fall to the ground, before hitting the perfect point on their weapon to disarm them.

The second one fought a much harder fight as she moved fast and unpredictably and was still able to keep up. She spun around them and got the pressure point on their knee, making them crumble. She kicked their bow out of their hand. Winning the fight.

She took a bow and took off her blindfold and found Moira and Cadence sprawled on the floor. May smiled victoriously. The victorious moment was ruined by Izzy who stormed into the room.

"I thought you were in your room, you were so tired yesterday," Izzy said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Nope, I'm here. What's up?" She asked putting away all the gear and helping her opponents up and complimenting them on their technique. Izzy gave her a second, tapping her foot impatiently.

May turn to her with a smile. "Simon is leaving." Izzy blurted.

The smile fell. "Where is he?" May asked.

"Front lobby." May nodded and grabbed her sweater before running out of the training room.

She ran past Jace, who seem to be watching Clary and Simon arguing at the end of the main hall. She walked over and heard only the end of the conversation.

"Simon... I don't know how to explain this, okay? But I think... I think these are my people." Simon's face only showed hurt as he took a step away from the girl. He swallowed hard his jaw working.

"Message received, loud and clear." He croaked. "May, why don't you come with me?" He asked, now turning to the older one, completely ignoring Clary.

May just looked at the boy and frowned. Her heart hurt at the fact she can't leave, and she can't make him stay. "You know I can't." She said. "I have to be here. I have a responsibility."

Simon nodded. "Right. A responsibility." He muttered, annoyed.

May took Simon's phone out of his pocket before turning it on and changing the setting quickly. She handed it back to him. "Go see your Mom. Say, 'Hi' to Maureen for me." She smiled her voice very low and caring.