SEVEN

«——— CHAPTER SEVEN ———»
EMOTIONAL BAGGAGE

THE GROUP HAD GONE ALL THE WAY TO Williamsburg where the Pandemonium Club was left a ghost town

THE GROUP HAD GONE ALL THE WAY TO Williamsburg where the Pandemonium Club was left a ghost town. When the van parked and the group all shuffled out it made May snort. "Great, we're like a live-action scooby-gang."

Isabelle and Jace pulled a face, sharing a look. "What?" They asked in unison.

May laughed even harder. "Oh, uh, nothing. Just these awesome crime-fighting heroes that stop monsters. They work from a van like this one."

Jace smirked. "They sound pretty cool." He admitted.

"I like to think so." May hummed amusingly as Jace walked off to follow Clary. Simon appeared next to her with a raised brow. "He's totally a Fred." He hummed.

Laughing fits followed their amused looks as they followed the group through the alleyways of New York. Clary, who led the group, touched her necklace and froze in place. "No." She choked out sadly before making a run for it.

Despite not knowing why she was running, the group chased after her, turning a corner and ending up in front of the Pandemonium and Jace called out for her to stop.

"Clary! Clary, stop! Where are you going?" He asked.

With manic eyes she said. "Two men, Circle members, the same ones who came to my house, who took my Mom. They have Dot. They're gonna hurt her or kill her." She panted from all the running, she choked a cry before running into the club. "We have to stop them!"

The Pandemonium was as much a ghost town as the streets surrounding it. All of the warlocks had abandoned the club, leaving a discomfortingly silent atmosphere without any background music or fancy lighting. Dot wasn't there.

Clary came to a slow stop in the middle of the hollow dance floor, whimpering under her nose. "No. She was just trying to help me." She said. She placed her hand on the necklace but didn't feel Dot on the other end of it. "Now, she's gone."

"Shit." May spat, worrying about what has happened to the Warlock who helped raise the girl as she was today. Dot was family. She feared that she could lose her too.

Simon placed her hand on Clary's shoulder. "Clary, I'm sorry."

"You don't understand. Dot's like my big sister." Clary explained to Jace, Isabelle and Alec.

Alec looked around the room. "It's not safe here. We need to get back to the Institute right now." But the whole group ignored his request.

May looked around the club. An unsettling feeling loomed over her and while she hated to admit it, she agreed with Alec on this one. Her only concern was the safety of Simon or Clary since Dot had vanished off the radar and there was only a slim chance of finding a lead again. The Institute was the only place to go. The only way that they could Clary safe and think up a new plan.