Epilogue

"So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go." John Denver, Leaving on a Jet Plane

----

Epilogue

August 30, 1 Year Later

I ducked as a volleyball came hurtling towards me, letting out a pathetic scream. Shea jumped in front of me with his fist, sending the ball flying back over the net, landing on the sand opposite to win our team the point.

Shea, laughing, wrapped his arms around me. "I got you, Sara," he said, kissing my temple.

I rolled my eyes but kissed the "Saraphine" tattoo on his chest, before I said, "I'm out. Have fun." I walked off the makeshift beach volleyball court that the boys had set up and I made my way over to wear Cece and Zoey were sunbaking near the cooler of drinks.

I heard Shea cheer along with several of the other guys behind me so I assumed they had scored another point.

I pulled a soda from the cooler and opened the can. There was no beer at this party. Not when my dad could see us from our kitchen window with his super-sonic eyesight. We would have to wait for college next week for that.

I sat down in between Cece and Zoey and sipped my soda.

"Not fun anymore?" teased Cece.

I rolled my eyes again. "I mean, they do have an unfair advantage," I insisted. "They're pummelling volleyballs at me with lycan strength." I was honestly surprised the ball was still inflated.

"That's why we tan, Sara," interjected Zoey, stretching out her long legs. "Make the most of the North Carolina summer before we transition to a New York climate." She grinned at us both before turning her eye seductively to her boyfriend, who had been back home in Providence for the summer.

Josh's natural athletic ability helped him to compete really well with the other guys. I also noticed an addition to his chest as well. Obviously as humans, we didn't develop those tattoos, so at some point during the year, Josh had gotten Zoey's name tattooed on his chest. Seeing that honestly made me feel really happy for Zoey.

Having her boyfriend away at college all year while she was stuck in Providence completing her senior year had been hard for her. Coupled with the natural worry of her kind that humans were pretty untrustworthy when it came to love, it had been rough.

But they had handled it well. And Josh came home on breaks. And we all heard. I did share a wall with her, after all.

Josh had ended up selecting Cornell University in New York as his college of choice. He got a full ride thanks so a spectacular senior varsity season, and he was already a starter for the CU team.

Cece sat up and adjusted her bikini so that nothing was riding up. Do you know how when you usually sit down, your stomach sort of folds, like you've got fat rolls? Yeah, well, Cece's didn't do that. If anything, she had developed even more of a six-pack cheerleading this year.

Both she and Zoey had worked very hard on the squad this year, and their efforts had paid off in securing them partial scholarships to college.

My dad had sold his construction company in New York upon moving back to Providence permanently and had invested the money in property in the city, which was what he was using to fund our college tuition. He was paying my full ride, as not even a 3.9 GPA could help me beat the smart kids in my incoming class. He was also paying the difference in Cece and Zoey's tuition as well, and he wouldn't hear any objection.