#13.5 - Day Thirteen and a Half and a Note from the Author

THIS IS IMPORTANT! 
Please don't skip over this!

First of all, thank you so much to everyone who has taken the time and effort to read this book. The amount of support I've received is amazing and you're all the reason I can still write this. I've had creative burnout for about a year now and all of a sudden, thanks to your engagement with my characters and story, I've been able to create (and enjoy) stuff again. Also your comments are so bloody hilarious— keep up the funny stuff fam because it's currently my reason for getting up in the morning!

On a more serious note, I'm also going to warn you that from chapter 16 onwards, things will begin to get a bit darker. This book may be an x reader but that does not mean it's going to be romantic, per se.

There will be no Stockholm syndrome, no romanticism of traumatic events.

Though I promise to put warnings on especially dark chapters (and summarise them in the following or end for those who do not wish to read them), I'm telling you now that if you're under the age of 14 please don't read this book! I do sometimes look at the accounts of some of the people that comment and vote and I've noticed some people who are reading are 10. I don't have anything against 10 year olds on wattpad but this book might not be for you!

This is a horror / psychological thriller book. There will be scenes of emotional manipulation, insanity, graphic torture and so on in this book. Though the scenes with graphic violence and torture will be warned of and given the opportunity to skip, I cannot warn you about the emotional manipulation or insanity as these are themes present throughout the course of the entire book.

If you are sensitive to emotional manipulation like this then this isn't for you either!  However it should also go without saying (I'm saying it anyway because I'm a dweeb) that if the characters say or do anything to the reader, that does not mean that putting up with stuff like this is okay. 

The only things I promise not to write are graphic descriptions of suicide and rape. Though I have nothing against people who can and do write these things, I am personally uncomfortable with them and refuse to write them.  It goes without saying why I'm uncomfortable with writing a rape scene - they, in my eyes, are just wrong.  Of course I've read books who have portrayed scenes of forced affection in a very mature and well written way but, as a child myself, I do not wish to write something like that.

As for suicide, I lost a good friend of mine to suicide last December.  Though I understand that it is something that happens (and is likely something that will be loosely mentioned in the book), I could never write a scene of actual suicide.

Anyways, I'm sorry if I got your hopes up for two chapters in the course of a day!  I just felt that this was something I needed to get out sooner rather than later for both my mental sake and the sake of my readers!  Also sorry for the morbid nature of this A/N... uhh, I promise I'm a very happy person in real life!  x