"Trust is earned"

Delicate~ Taylor Swift

Asena's POV

Niklaus's blue eyes bore into mine as I stride into the compound. My heels clicking on the floor. I could see the anger behind them. His vampires told him about Elijah, Rebekah and I keeping them from killing the wolves.

Rolling my eyes I ignore my twin's harsh glare and make my way over yo the liquor table. Looking at me brother I hold up the empty wine bottle.

"I see were out of wine, such a shame" I say and pour some bourbon into a glass. Turning back I raise my eyebrow at her while lifting my glass to my lips.

"Diego and I had an interesting conversation" he says holding the bourbon bottle to his lips with a wicked shine in his blue eyes.

"I'm glad you and the boys are getting along" I snap sarcastically at him which results in a fierce glare.

"Why in the bloody hell would you stop my vampires from killing those mongrels out in the swamp?" He growls at me.

"Those mongrels may be our family for all you know Niklaus but you do give a crap. I've always had a deeper connection with my wolf side than you. All you care about is this bloody city!" I shout and my eyes flash yellow.

"All you care about is power" I hiss at him. His eyes start to glow yellow, mirroring mine.

"Oh and you don't?"

Rolling my eyes I turn away and descend up the stairs. Turning the corner, out of the hateful sight of my twin, I throw my fist forward with every ounce of strength I have.

Balancing my hands on either side of me I lean against the wall. Breathing heavily I try to compose my anger.

"Are you alright?"

The corner of my mouth turn up into a small smile as the sound of a voice as sweet as honey fills my ear.

With my head still leaning against the wall I turn it to the side and stare at the brown haired beauty standing a mere few feet from me.

Still smiling I pull my head away and I take a small towards Davina who stares at me curiously.

"You punched a hole in the wall" she says quietly pointing to the spot in front of me. Turning my head to the spot where she pointed. I smirk as I see the hole in the red wallpapered wooden walls.

"So it appears" I say and stand up straight. Crossing my arms over my chest I give her a questioning look.

"Why are you here, love?" I ask and smirk as she starts to talk again. "Aren't you suppose to be under your sister's protection at the churche?" I ask.

"Thalia moved here" she says pointing to the one door which was closed. I smile and nod.

"I'm aware but isn't it safer for you at the churche" I say and gently grab her soft hand. My cold rings making her gasp. "It says that a church is the safest place and will give protection to those who need it" I say smirking down at her.

"Well..." she takes a deep breath and her blue eyes look up at me. "Your brother convinced Marcel and my sister that I'm safer here" she says, her voice holding just a bit of edge which I quite enjoy.

"Sounds like my brother" I say amused. Leading her to a couch I sit down and and pull her down next to me. She leans against the cushioned surface.

"Am I really safer here?" She asks leaning forward. Lifting up her hand I twine my fingers with hers. Staring at our entwined fingers I smile before my eyes shift back to her.