"I should've been the one protecting her"

Believer~ Imagine Dragons

Asena's POV

Another body drops to the floor. Looking down I sign and lean my back against the cold brick wall.

At this rate the police will say there's a serial killer on the loose, strangling people. They aren't wrong.

I have been running around this stupid ridiculous city searching for my little witch after she snapped my neck and fled the safety of the compound.

She was a stubborn teenager and that was never a good thing. Trust me I know.

Digging my hands into the pockets of my leather pants I search for a lighter. Grasping the cold metal object I quickly rip it out of my pocket. Lighting it I toss it to the pile of bodies and turn away, not bothering to look at the fire.

Hearing my ringtone I grasp my phone and hold it to my ear. I was beyond irritated. I have been asking every person I came across if they've seen my little witch. More like compelled but still every insolent human in this hell on earth city hasn't seen her.

"You better have some news on the whereabouts of my little witch Elijah or I swear to Loki, god of mischief that I will rip you limb from limb" I growl into the little machine in my hand.

"No dear sister but I do have news" his tired voice rings through the phone. He was tired of my recent attitude towards himself and our younger sister. I still hated them both.

"Well don't stand on ceremony, spit it out" I hiss, every word of mine laced with my toxic hybrid venom which was just begging to be released.

"Your dear twin kidnapped 'your little witch's' childhood friend and is holding him hostage. I suggest you get here before something more... bloody begins" he says causing me to roll my eyes.

"I'm on my way" I say dismissively and end the call before rounding the corner into bourbon street which was packed with people.

My eye catches a movement and I stop dead in my tracks as I study it.

Witches.

They were moving fast and they had large numbers with them. All of them wearing black leather cloaks with the hoods pulled up to hide their faces.

Signing I drag my hand over my face before walking closer keeping a good distance between them and myself.

"These witches don't know when to give up" I mutter and as soon as we move into a quiter street I grab the closets two to me. Keeping my hands over their mouths I move into an ally.

Throwing them onto the floor I cross my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow at them and watch as they groan.

"You witches are seriously a pain in my ass you know that right" I say and speed forward and snap the one kneeling by fleet's neck. I turn to the other one as I hear a gasp.

Speeding forward i grab her by her throat and lift her up. Her feet dangle a few feet above the ground.

"Now tell me" I say or more specifically growl menacing at the young witch who's eyes only widen and her dangling legs start to kick.

"Fine" I say in a monotone. Trusting my hand into her chest I grasp her heart in my hand I give it a slight squeeze.

"Now I ask you again, how many of you are going to hurt little Davina?" I growl.

"Seven" her eyes shoot down to the already dead witch. "Well six now" I only smile and very roughly rip the heart from her ribcage.

"Wrong, you're 5" I say with a small smile on my face and flash away. This is going to be a long night, that much was clear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~