"Ah, the protective brother"

Ready or not

Asena's POV

Opening my eyes I groan as I sit up straight. Elijah hovers over me, worry in his eyes.

"The stench of witches hangs everywhere" I growl and get on my two feet. "Where is Celest?" I growl.

I stumble slightly but Elijah grabs my and keeps me from falling over. My head whips around in search of the witch I want to kill.

"She vanished" I growl. "And now Niklaus, Rebekah and Hayley are in danger" my eyes widen.

"What do you mean, brother" I hiss and take a step forward but grasp Elijah's forearms to steady myself again.

Like a parent he raises his hand and places his hand on my forehead.

"You're burning up" he says but I push his hand back.

"Hayley, we have to save her first" I say.

"What about our siblings?" Elijah asks. I stare at him with determination in his eyes which matches mine.

"Both Rebekah and Niklaus would kill us if Hayley and the baby got hurt, come on" I say and I grab his hand and flashes away.

I let go of Elijah and stumble to the floor. Elijah leaves me for a moment and speeds inside to rescue Hayley.

"Elijah" I look up to see both of them outside. "My friend is still inside" my eyes widen knowing she meant the wolf. "He tried to save me" she says.

I jump up and speed inside the house. Avoiding a burning beam, I quickly grab the guy and speed us both out.

As soon as I'm outside I fall to the ground and cough again. I roll over onto my back trying to calm down.

"Hayley, get Asena back to the compound, get Marcel to tend to her" I hear Elijah say before I'm engulfed in darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monique's POV

I watch as my aunt throws a bunch of our suitcases into the back of the rusty old pickup truck she acquired.

"Come on, we need to go" she says hastily as she climbs into the truck.

"I'm not going" I say monotonous and she turns around and looks at me.

"Monique I just stabbed an Original" she says fear in her eyes which confuses me. "When ye recovers he's gonna want revenge"

I stare down at the ground. "Look" my eyes flicker up at her. "I'm sorry for everything, I should have come and got you before that stupid harvast, you can still have a normal life, without all this witch nonsense" she says desperately.

Anger fuels me and my eyes snap up again. "But I am a witch, and I don't want to go" i say through gritted teeth.

My aunt let's go of me and she stumbles back and slams against the truck. Blood starts to flow down her eyes.

"The ancestors said you didn't have enough faith, I was hoping they were wrong" I say and walk past her.

"I should have known better, you tried to stop the harvast" I say. She starts to shake her head in desperation. "Now you wanna run when we need to stay and fight. The four of us, when we return we'll enough power to rid this city of vampires" anger replaces desperation on her face.

"Asena Mikaelson will destroy you" I tilt my head to the side.

"She may be the protector of their family but jo one is more ruthless. She will burn down this city then kill everyone of the witches and then save you for last considering you are one of the harvast girls. You will be dead before you even cast your first spell"