XVIII.

"What?!" Mina, Momo and Jihyo were stunned as Jeongyeon told them the big revelation.

"It was just a favor from her unnies!" I started defending myself. "It's nothing I wanted. They want me to take care of their home. There's nothing to worry about it." I tried convincing my friends. I felt panic as they were still unsure of my rapid response.

"Y-yeah." Jeongyeon's voice was shaking. She coughed several times trying to get her tone back to normal. "I didn't ask Nayeon-ssi to stay with me for two weeks. It was my unnies who forced her to." I noticed how her hands started to shake.

My friends' faces were serious. They were forcing us to spill teas when there's nothing to be spilled. Jihyo's glare at Jeongyeon was intimidating. It made her uncomfortable.

"Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon! If you do something to our friend, you're a dead meat. Understood?!" I flinched when Jihyo hit the table hard with her fist.

"Calm down, Jihyo-ssi. You know I'm not that kind of a person." Jeongyeon smiled nervously while she held Jihyo's hand. I drank a glass of water as I witnessed how aggressive Jihyo can be.

"It's not that we don't trust you, Jeongyeon-ssi," Mina spoke up, "We're just scared and concern about our friend. I'm sure you already know about what happened to her." I sensed Mina's concern.

I smiled at Mina, "Don't worry too much, Minari. It's not that big of a deal." I held her hand this time.

"But unnie-" I didn't let her finish. I placed my index finger on her lips. "Shh, I'm giving Jeongyeon's big sisters' favor since they make delicious cake and coffee." I jokingly grinned with confidence.

Jihyo shook her head. I knew she wasn't convinced. Mina didn't mind the conversation anymore and continued eating. I watched them eat when Momo suddenly talked, "Aren't you two together yet?"

I felt my knees numb when I heard the last words. I was alarmed by Momo's question. It was this moment, that I felt panic inside my head. For sure, Jeongyeon and I aren't together.

I noticed Jeongyeon had no idea how to respond too. We were both speechless. We stared at each other for a few seconds, still, none of us answered Momo.

"Well? We're waiting." Jihyo was impatient. She crossed her arms and leaned on her chair. She was scary. Mina stopped eating and waited for us to speak.

"Uh," Jeongyeon turned her way to the girls, "I, uh-" she was lost in her thoughts. Considering the fact I was also lost with my head, I can't find any words to explain things.

For Christ's sake, I'm not dating Jeongyeon. I'm only seeing her. I don't know what differences does it make. We didn't make things official yet. She just told me she finds me interesting and I haven't told her the same. However, I already gave her hints that I do too. Knowing that I've been giving her physical gestures; kiss on the cheek, holding hands in public, even sleeping together and cuddle. This shit is confusing. Nevertheless, I'm still waiting for her to say that she likes me, likes me.

"I'm dating your friend." Jeongyeon finally let it out and exhaled. I noticed how she quietly trying to catch her breath. She was nervous with the girls' staring at her seriously.

"Nayeon-ssi already knew that I'm interested in her," Jeongyeon fearlessly added despite the girls' intimidating look.

They all looked at me after Jeongyeon confessed. "What?" I asked them confusingly. I was sweating so much that my hands were icky of its sweat.

Jihyo breathed calmly trying to make the atmosphere lighter, "Alright then." I exhaled quietly as Jihyo agreed. "You know I trust you, Yoo Jeongyeon. You are a good friend of mine. And so does Nayeon. We're protecting our friend. We all don't want to repeat history. But I trust you with her." Jeongyeon smiled in satisfaction with Jihyo's will to her.