°One°

"Babe look at me.”

She followed the voice and looked up at Kale, her Alpha and boyfriend, smiling at him.

"Yes?"

"Aww, you're so cute.” He cooed and pinched her cheeks.

She swatted his hand away and continued cooking, smiling inwardly. He wrapped his arms around her waist and chuckled. "Let's go on a vacation.” He announced.

"No," she answered at once.

"Why?" He asked with a pout.

"You have duties.”

"So?"

Iris turned around to face him and looked up at him. "So you have to stay and attend to those duties."

"You're no fun.” He grumbled.

Kale Reyes, the Alpha of the Dark Light Pack was a tall tanned deliciousness of man with one of the most endearing smiles ever. He lost his mate a few years ago and being one of the best warriors in the pack, Iris Woods did her very best to console him over the years and eventually got attracted to him. Even better, he got attracted to her too and it wasn't long before they started dating. A few months after they got together, Iris' wolf, Lilac had told her Kale was their mate but it was confusing as to why she didn't tell Iris earlier and the wolf had replied that she wasn't sure.

Eight months into the relationship Iris had no regrets. She didn't think she was his second chance mate or maybe she was and just hadn't realized it yet since his wolf had never called her mate.

Maybe he was terrified to say it.

Their wolves do connect and every time they mate, Lilac would sigh in happiness. Iris didn't care and Kale didn't either, both were more than happy and content and had also agreed they didn't want a child yet as it just didn't seem right for them yet.

Kale was a great Alpha and Iris was not saying this because she loved him, she was saying this because it's true.

The pack loved and respected him.

What more could a girl ask for?

"The beta of the Rising Moon will be here soon, I have to go prepare."

"Then shouldn't Warren be the one to see the beta?"

Warren was one of Kale's best friends and the beta who appeared smug to most people. "He has a direct message from his Alpha so he wants to meet me."

"Why can't the Alpha come then?"

"You know how the Rising Moon alpha is."

"And their pack.” Iris snorted making both of them laugh at this.

"Do you wanna come along?"

"Nah, I have to train and I think you should take Warren with you.”

"Yes, Luna.”

"I'm not Luna yet.”

"The keyword is yet.”

"I'll see you later.” He kissed her before disappearing out the door.

After she was done cooking, she packed the food in plates and placed them in the refrigerator then she went over to her house to get her training gear. Iris opened the door to her house and was met with her younger sister, Ruby shouting at her twin, Raven.

Meanwhile, Raven looked bored out of his mind as he kept on changing the channels on the TV.

"Are you even listening to me?"

Iris looked at Raven before sighing. "Whose heart did he break again?"

"Dominique, my best friend!" Ruby yelled.

"I didn't break her heart, she knew I wasn't going to end up with her.” He defended.

The older sister facepalmed. "So you thought having quick sex and dumping her was a good idea?"

"Exactly.”

"I'm going to kill you!” Ruby screamed which made Raven jump off the couch and run to Iris' side.

"C’mon Ruby, are you going to kill your one and only brother because of your best friend?" The twin sister glared at her brother and her eyes began to change colors indicating her wolf was taking over.

"Ok, she's really mad.” He mumbled.

Ruby chased after Raven and soon, they were destroying the whole house.

"Mom! Your kids are destroying the house again!”

"Call your father!" She shouted from the room buttressing the point that was running through Iris' mind that she knew they were fighting but decided to ignore them and frankly, Iris didn't blame her.

But still, you have got to be kidding me! Iris yelled in her head.

"Dad! Your k–"

"Handle it!" He shouted back and she scoffed. Welcome to the life of every firstborn also known as the third parent.

"Ok, both of you, stop it.” She got hold of Ruby and pointed to Raven. "You, come here.”

"Ruby, you know how your brother is. He sleeps with them and dumps them, we both know he doesn't have enough sense to understand that it's wrong.”

"Hey!"

"Just try to console Dominique and leave your idiot brother alone cos killing him won't change anything, he's still gonna flirt in his grave.” Ruby looked at Iris and then at Raven.

"Fine." She huffed and then walked out the door.

After she left, Iris slapped Raven hard on the back of his head.

"Ow! Are you trying to kill me, woman? How do you caress the Alpha with such hands?"

Oh, he did not. The elder snarled at him and he gulped mockingly. "You're dead.”

Now, Iris was the one chasing him around the house. "Iris, don't kill my son,” Mom yelled from the room for the second time and Raven laughed before he ran out the door, not before yelling, "I love you, sis!”

The female collapsed on the sofa and sighed deeply. She loved her brother but he could be a major pain in the butt. The fact that he was handsome, smart and already standing at six feet didn't help matters as he used it to woo girls. He finished high school early and was now training to be an epsilon, just like Iris and their father.

Their father was a retired Epsilon while their mother had a shop where she sold flowers, all types of flowers. "Woods Flower Shop" was known to all Dark Light members and the younger sister, Ruby wants to follow in her footsteps.

Iris went upstairs to their parent’s room, opened the door, and looked inside. Horrified by what she found, she shrieked and ran to her room never wanting to see that again.

"Sorry,” Mom apologized and Iris grunted out a reply before she took a bath and changed into her training gear before leaving.

At the training yard, she started to do some warm-ups before the top epsilon came.

"Morning Cat.” Iris greeted the older blond female.

"Morning Iris, how's the Alpha?"

"All good.”

"Heard the beta of Rising Moon is around.”

"Yeah.”

"Don't think anything is wrong?"

"Not sure.”

Iris felt a particular pair of eyes watching. Not those jealous ones, another pair of eyes; ones that make you feel cautious so the brunette looked around but saw no one in particular, staring at her.

Top epsilon, Theo then came and training began. An hour and thirty minutes into the training, someone came to whisper something in Theo's ear.

"Iris, you're needed by the Alpha.” He announced.