°Eight° - Iris

It's been a week since I saw Khalil.

Everything's gone back to normal in the pack. The bitches and I are all training together again and it takes every strength in me not to slit their throats. Kale also took me on a romantic dinner yesternight and we made love till morning, I was sore but I couldn't miss training.

It was past two in the afternoon taking a short break when someone came to me with a pretty flower and a note.

The teenage girl handed them to me without saying anything and ran off as Cat snatched the note from my hands and read it out loud.

"To my one true love, 
A flower to show how special you are 🌹
Khalil❤"

Ex squeeze me?
A petal? One petal?

A very beautiful but tiny petal? I could squish this thing with two fingers. 

"Awww that's so romantic,” Cat said beside me.

I deadpanned and she kept quiet. "Really Catherine? Really?"

"It's the thought that matters,” she shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the sprout again. "Why is he sending me flowers?"

"A flower,” I corrected myself with one finger in the air.

"That's how he feels?" Cat said.

"Well, you can have it," I pointed it at her. 

She backed away with a smile. "No, thank you.”

What am I going to do with this now? I looked at the flower again and did the best thing. I put it in between my breasts in my sports bra making Cat look at me weirdly.

"What?” I asked. 

She shook her head and handed the note to me. "Who is Khalil?"

"Mind your business, Donna.” I spat as she came into view.

"It is my business if you're cheating on the Alpha.”

I rolled my eyes and stood up. Lily tried to snatch the note from me but I docked. "He must be a loser if he's sending you one stem.”

Cat was trying to hold back her laughter. "It's not a stem, Vivian.”

"Then it's what?"

"It's a leaf,” I replied.

"So flowers are leaves?"

Goddess, she doesn't get the sarcasm. Fortunately for her, Donna changed the question. "Why did you put it in your boobs?"

"Can you just mind your business?"

"No.”

I folded the note and put it in the same place I put the flower careful not to squish it.

"Disgusting.”

I ignored them as I stood up. "Let's go, Cat.”

"Roger that, Iris.”

Later that day, I told Mom what happened and she just sighed. "You need to choose one of them soon," she explained.

"I choose Kale.”

"That won't go down well with Alpha Khalil.”

"I don't care.”

After showering, I decided to go for a run. I picked up some clothes and walked into the living room. "I'm going for a run," I announced.

"Can I come?" Raven asked.

"No.”

"Be back before dinner.”

"OK, mum.”

I went outside and shifted then picked the clothes in my mouth and ran into the forest. I dropped the clothes at a large tree and went to have fun.

Being a werewolf was amazing. Something that started as a curse became a blessing. What would I do without Lilac? So I let her hunt while I rested.

"Iris, there's a puppy right in front of us.”

"Awww poor puppy dog is lost,” I cooed. 

Cavalier King Charles breeds were so adorable. "Do you want us to take him home?"

"Yeah, but we don't know where he's from.”

"Well, let's ask him.”

How did the guards not see him though? After Lilac asked the small dog, he said he and his owner were strolling outside our borders so hopefully, we should be able to find his owner at the borders.

But which border?

His paws looked clean so it's either the eastern or northern borders. Judging by our current position, we were closer to the east so we took off and ran towards the eastern borders.

When we got there, a wolf was standing waiting patiently as the guards blocked the way.

I would recognize that wolf anywhere.

The dog started barking and ran to Khalil, licked Khalil's face and wiggled its tail happily.

Khalil's wolf stared at Lilac and she started to walk over to him. "What are you doing?" I asked. 

"I need to confirm if he's our mate.”

I rolled my eyes mentally at her lie. Khalil's wolf started to check Lilac out and the betrayer was blushing. He sniffed Lilac and then tried to sniff her butt but she moved away. He smirked and nodded his head in appreciation and ran away with the dog.

"So his name is Rhys. Cute name.”

He didn't even say anything about the flower. I mind-linked one of the guards and asked them why they didn't see the dog. He said they were changing the guards so no one noticed a little dog pass by or they thought it was just a sport.

Right. 

"Iris, where are you?" My mother mind linked.

"On my way home, mom.”

I was almost home when I heard moans coming from somewhere and saw Dad's truck moving. I slowly walked towards it.

"Oh fuck me harder.”

"Faster.”

The passenger's door was open. I bit Raven's leg and dragged him with my teeth, he fell off the girl and out of the truck.

"Oh shit!” My brother exclaimed. 

He held on to his injured leg and the girl tried to cover her body. I growled at the girl and she took off naked. I looked at my brother still holding on to his injured leg and stalked towards him as he started moving backwards.

"Iris, come on,” he begged. 

I dragged him by his injured leg all the way to the house not caring if he was naked or not. His screams brought Mom to the door before I could open it.

"My goddess, what happened to him?"

I left him there and went inside as Ruby and Dad ran past me to go and attend to him then I shifted and went to my room.

"Iris come down here.” I ignored Mom and went to bath again.

When I finished, I went downstairs to get food. "Why did you do that to him?" was the first thing Dad said to me.

"Dad, check your truck for bodily fluids Mom, check your shop for bodily fluids.” Ruby snorted and mom looked at me with wide eyes.

"I have had enough!" Dad suddenly shouted. "You're going to live with your uncle.”

"No!" Raven sat up immediately.

"That's final!"

Finally, some peace, I grinned and then frowned.

Dang, I forgot my clothes.