°Five°

"Are the girls still disturbing you?" Kale asked as he watched the warriors train.

"No, I haven't even seen them around,” his girlfriend replied. 

"That's good then.”

"Mate,” Iris' wolf, Lilac said suddenly, almost like an afterthought, a small whisper.  

"What?” Iris asked her.

"Mate is here,” Lilac replied to her.

"I know, he's right beside us,” Iris answered, mentally rolling her eyes. 

Was Lilac hallucinating? But Iris didn't think she had deprived her of her runs. 

"No, not him,” Lilac said again. 

"Excuse me?"

"He's h–" She was interrupted by a huge reddish wolf running towards them.

The familiar woodsy and pineapple scent that Iris once smelled from that one place fluttered from the wolf and the female couldn't help but feel drawn to it.

She couldn't avert her eyes as the wolf shifted.

It was normal for wolves to shift in front of other wolves as they were used to each other's nakedness but come on, Iris was sure this wolf didn't belong in their pack.

After the cracking and reforming of bones, in place of the wolf stood a man who looked like the son of the moon goddess herself. The tall man exuded so much rawness, dominance, and fierceness that her head became woozy for a moment. All she wanted to do was kneel in front of this gorgeous man.

"Mate,” he announced breathlessly. 

Lilac seemed confused, a cotton-like fog covering Iris' brain and she looked back to see if someone was behind her before pointing a finger at herself in question.

"Mate,” the unknown man and Lilac said together.

"What are you doing Khalil?" Kale's voice brought Iris out of her confusion and shock.

"I came back for my mate,” he said casually and looked at her.

Iris laughed nervously and pinched her nose. "Lilac, explain.”

"That's mate,” she said. 

"And Kale?" Iris said looking at him.

Lilac paused for a second before answering slowly like she was confused also. "Also mate.”

"Make up your mind.”

"I don't know,” she said.

"What do you mean you don't know?" It was almost impossible for a wolf to be confused about his/her mate. Yes, a human might be but not the wolf counterpart. It was simply almost impossible. Almost impossible.

"I just don't know, Micah is annoyed." She whined referring to Kale's wolf.

The Alpha, Khalil walked towards Iris but Kale blocked him from getting to her. "Stop this, Khalil.”

"Stop what?"

Iris needed to confirm this herself so she stepped away from behind Kale and stared at Khalil. "Kale,” she called his name as she placed a hand on his chest.

"Do not touch another man,” Khalil growled lowly.

Iris' head snapped to him as she studied him. If she thought the beta was tall, Khalil was a mountain, naked tattooed arms filled with muscles, a broad chest that traveled below to join hard abs and the she-wolf willed herself not to look any lower than that. Khalil's hair was curly, thick eyebrows furrowed in jealousy as his full lips set in a thin line. His shabby beard was about a week old and his Roman nose continued to wrinkle in hot resentment.