°Four°

Beta Warren stared at his friend after he explained to him what went down at the Rising Moon pack.

"Why not just give it to him?" He asked.

"Cos she's mine, rightfully mine," Kale replied.

"She?" Warren smirked.

"Yes, he believes he can just get whatever he wants and however he wants."

"Actually, he can."

The Alpha rolled his eyes at the comment before speaking. "Why does he even need it if no one goes into the pack?"

"Increased birth rate?"

"They're the third largest pack. He should just ask Clear Shadows pack, they're the second largest and closer to them."

"Why didn't you tell him that?" Warren tilted his head.

"I did and he said Clear Shadows has nothing to spare but I know he's lying, he just wants mine," Kale growled lowly. "He's looking for trouble and I'll give it to him."

"You wanna go to war with Khalil?" The beta looked at his Alpha wearingly.

"If I have to."

"Then you need all the strength you can get."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Iris," he said.

"What about her?"

"You need a Luna and I don't understand your relationship. You've marked and mated with her."

Kale just stared at him.

"Just make her your Luna, what are you waiting for?" He groaned.

"So you want me to make her my Luna because I need all the strength I can get to fight Khalil?"

"Pretty much." Warren shrugged. Kale rolled his eyes at him and gave him the middle finger before walking away.

It's not that he didn't want to make Iris his Luna, he just thought It was too soon and if the Alpha was being honest with himself, he knew he wasn't completely over Susan, his first mate. He didn't want to make Iris his Luna when he wasn't even over Susan yet, Kale just didn't think It was right but he did love Iris and he would make her his Luna sooner or later.

The Alpha saw Alan leaning on a pole on the field. "What are you doing?" Kale asked him.

"Watching them fight," Alan nodded towards the direction of the Epsilons.

Kale nodded his head and Alan looked at him. "You okay?" The delta asked.

"Yeah. Why?" The Alpha looked at him.

"You look upset."

"I'm fine."

"If you say so," he shrugged and continued looking at the warriors.

"Alpha, Alpha, he's here," someone came running towards them.

"Who?"

"The Alpha of Rising Moon pack."

Alpha Kale looked at Alan who frowned. Of course, Kale understood the look. Khalil never leaves his pack, he'd send his beta if it was really important.

For Khalil to be here, he must be desperate.

The Alpha and his delta went to welcome him; more like ask him what he wanted and when they got to the pack house, they met Warren talking to him in a low voice.

"What do you want, Khalil?" Kale demanded immediately.

"You know what I want, Kale."

"I can't give her to you," The Alpha told his fellow Alpha.

"Her?" He asked with an amused smile.

"Just drop it already," Kale warned.

"Can't and besides, you aren't using it."

"We don't have to go to the gamma."

"And we don't have to fight about it," he replied.

"No, we don't."

"Good."

"I'm not giving you anything Khalil."

"Won't you invite me into the pack house?" Alpha Khalil asked completely turning the conversation around.

"Why not?" Alpha Kale gave him a sickly sweet smile before he walked Khalil and his beta in as people stared at them which was not surprising since most of them had never seen them before in their lives.

Khalil sat down and looked around.

"You," he beckoned to one of the omegas. "Get me a drink."

Whether the omega liked it or not, she had to obey because her wolf knew he was an Alpha but she also had a little restraint because he wasn't her Alpha so she looked at Kale who nodded at her. She brought the drink and placed it in front of him then she walked away.

"I'll be staying here till you say yes," Khalil announced.

"Don't you have duties?"

"I do and I can do them from here."

"This isn't your pack Khalil."

"I know," he said.

"Prepare a room for us," he continued talking.

"And if I don't?" Kale raised an eyebrow.

Khalil laughed, then he took a deep breath and sighed. "This place smells nice." His beta whispered something in his ear and his eyes widened in surprise.

"I would like a tour of your pack." He asked not so politely. His words were polite but his voice wasn't.

"Then you'll leave," Kale stated with authority.

Khalil stared at him for a while before he spoke. "Okay."

"I'll wait for you at the borders," his beta said.

"Tell Zach to check up on Kamille," he said to his beta who nodded his head and left while Khalil followed Kale into town as Alan escorted the beta.

Alpha Kale took him to some places which he, Khalil thoroughly explored. The Alpha of Dark Light was careful where he took Khalil because the Alpha of Rising Moon could be making a mental note about the blueprints of the pack and its epsilons.

Kale did not want a sudden attack.

"Let's fight," Khalil stated abruptly and Kale cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Let's spar," he said again.

Kale nodded his head and took Khalil toward the training grounds as It was normal for Alphas to test their strengths with each other if they were friends. You'd have to invite the gamma if you want a real fight or they'd see it as unjustified killing and make you pass through some severe punishments; that is if they don't take your title from you.

When the Alphas got to the training grounds, they took off their shirts and started brawling. Soon, a crowd of Epsilons gathered and were watching the fight.

Khalil couldn't focus as he couldn't stop sniffing the air and so, Kale won the fight, and Khalil smiled.

"I'll see you later, Alpha Kale," he said and shifted into his wolf before running off.

The crowd dispersed and Iris came running toward Kale. "I heard you were fighting someone," she said.

"Where were you?" He asked her instead.

"I was close by, moving equipment."

"Well, you came a bit late as the person left two minutes ago."

"Who was it?"

"Khalil."

"Who?" She frowned in confusion.

Kale stared at her. "Oh," she said as her face lit up in realization. "So why was he here?"

"Just some business," he sighed and replied.

The Alpha had no idea what he was going to do if Khalil came back, but something he would do was not give him what he wanted.