Chapter Forty-One, Part Two

The muffled sounds of the saxophone, piano, and violin all meld together to form a tune fitting to the light drizzle falling from the sky. A dinner made robust by the treats Muffet had brought from her bakery plus the additional appetizers Mettaton had taken from one of his caterers ends with everyone either too full or drowsy to move. The few that do leave are the ones that have other matters to tend to, the robot being the first to go, second being Alphys, having to leave her girlfriend behind to begin her investigation over what you had been submitted to and who were the people behind it.

You're left with Toriel, Undyne, Papyrus, Frisk, and MK -- Monster Kid, as they introduced themselves -- at the living room, all gathered by the pair of loveseats to discuss what had happened in the past few days, hoping to get your memory running to deduce who had been the person to blackmail you. Toriel, Frisk, and MK sit next to you while Undyne and Papyrus take the smaller couch. Faust and Sans are away at the guest bedroom, busy searching for what was needed to treat one of the wounds that reopened with you standing up from the dining chair. Muffet, on the other hand, is the only one standing in front of you, one knee knelt on the floor. She's occupied vexing over the state of your injury, two of her six hands carefully holding onto your leg as she narrows all five eyes in scrutiny.

"Who did this to you, (Y/N)?" she asks, annoyance pricking at her tone. "I may be stubborn with my own interests, but this is going too far! Whoever did this should be bitten by all of my spiders."

You stay quiet for a while, taken aback by the concern she seemed to be showing over you. She had been your boss's rival ever since she opened for business, unrelenting when it came to the topic of how many customers and money she was being robbed of. To see her that concentrated over the poor state of one of your injuries was a little more than surprising to you.

"The only person allowed to take down my rivals is me and myself only," the spider lady speaks up again, as if growing aware of your confused state. "What am I supposed to do if someone else does it for me?"

A smile spreads on your face when you see her do the same. She lets go of your leg, standing up from her crouching position when you both spot Faust and Sans going down the stairs. A little too suddenly, the soft, jazzy tune of the film changes for a blaring gun fight, the sound shooting panic into your thoughts as you flinch, looking around with startled eyes until you make contact with the scene playing on television. Everyone else seems just as tense, though one person in particular seems the most caught aback. Undyne's eye is wide as she clutches onto the sofa she's sitting under, teeth grit as she forces herself to snap out of it.

"L- Let us change the channel, shall we?" Toriel chimes in, conscious of the mood that overtakes the room. She does as suggested, old action film being changed for the evening news.

The tension stays, being broken only when Sans steps in the middle of it, the sight of him kneeling in front of you making you snap out of your panic. Faust joins in by standing behind him, curious gaze paying attention to the wound.

"Gonna have to take ya tomorrow for some stitches if it keeps openin' up," he states, hands reaching out for your lower leg. He inspects the open injury closely, from the fresh blood trailing down your skin to the swollen area surrounding the gunshot. "The doc I told you about agreed to it, but she says it has to be real secretive. There's been lotsa journalists and news anchors tryna get the scoop on what happened back there, so they all flock together when they hear someone's even remotely close to you."

"I have a bad feeling about all this," Undyne comments, sighing as a frown tugs her mouth downwards. "School's out for a few days now that things've tensed up. Can't go walking for more than two blocks without coming across a protest or people asking how we know you."