Chapter 6

Mom had just come in with the jewelry pieces and Ginny stared at them as I got up and went to change into my dress.

It fit just like I remembered and I left my closet and went back out. I sat down at my vanity and my mom started to do my hair.

"Lyra do you really get to wear these?!" she exclaimed.

I smiled and nodded, "I was just as surprised as you."

She shook her head and handed me the jewelry. I put the earrings in and I put the necklace on. Mom curled my hair and I did a smokey eye with different shades of blue, brown, and silver. I put on a pale pink lipstick and soon enough I was ready.

"You look amazing, Lyra! Now your other friends will be here soon in case they want to add any finishing touches. Also, so they can get ready." Mom said before heading out of my room leaving Ginny and me in there.

"So how do you feel about Draco walking with you when you are introduced?" Ginny asked.

Honestly? I don't know. He's my friend. But I swear my stomach flutters when he smiles at me.

"I'm fine with it. I mean he's my friend." I replied.

She smirked, "Only your friend? You told me that he helped you with the diving board."

"He's only my friend. What about you and my twin? You are walking out with him!" I exclaimed.

"I was the first female friend of Blaise's she saw. That's why I'm walking out with him," she said with a roll of her eyes.

"So you don't like him?" I asked.

"Nope," she quickly replied.

You are talking about us.

I jumped and Ginny looked confused but quickly remembered the telepathy.

Jesus, Blaise. You scared me. And what do you mean we were talking about you?

I can still hear your thoughts, Ly. I know you were thinking about Draco, and how your stomach flutters. You're adorable, little sis.

Blaise Zabini I may not be completely in control of that power but I still can hear your thoughts. And man what I have heard you think about Ginny is perfect!

I knew he was growling because I could feel his energy do it. I guess that's another part of having the twin powers.

Blaise had gone silent so I refocused my attention to the actual world and I realized Pansy and Astoria had just walked in.

"Hey, you two. One of you can change in my bathroom and one in my closet." I said before standing up and grabbing my heels from the other side of the room.

They both walked over to the rooms and went in to change.

I sat back down on my bed and put on my heels. They both came back out and I smiled as they came out.

Pansy had an emerald green dress and Astoria had a silver dress. They both looked amazing.

"Wow, you guys look great!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Thanks, Ginny! I can call you Ginny, right?" Astoria asked.

"Yep. Lyra told me about the spy thing." Ginny replied.

We all talked for a long time while the three of them did their hair and makeup. When they were done they looked over me one last time.

"You need something in your hair..." Ginny said to herself.

"I totally agree..." Pansy said back to her not really realizing it.

"Well good thing I brought something just in case," Astoria said as she went over to her bag.

She pulled out a small white box and went behind me and I could tell she was making braids.

After about twenty minutes she was finally done.

She gave me a mirror and held one behind me so I was able to see it. And it looked great! My hair was still curled but there were now two small braids on each side of my head and they were brought together to the back of my head and they were held together by a silver serpent hair clip.

"The serpent suits you, Lyra," Ginny said with a smile.

I smiled, "Thanks."

We all talked for a little while longer but soon there was a knock on the door.

Pansy went and opened it and Mom was standing out there.

"Pansy, Astoria, the ball will be starting in a few minutes. Since you aren't being announced would you mind going down to the ballroom?" she asked.

They both nodded, "Of course, Mrs. Zabini."

They both said bye and they headed out. I looked back at Ginny to make sure she looked great and she did.

"I can't believe you are being announced as a Zabini!" Ginny exclaimed.

I smiled, "Me either."

We both talked for a while and I put an extra layer of lipstick on before we heard a knock on the door.

I got up and opened the door and saw Draco and Blaise both standing there, "Hey, boys."

They both stared at me. Blaise had a huge smile on his face and elbowed Draco in the side.

"You look great, Ly. Now we need to go." Blaise said with a smile.

I smiled and waved Ginny over and the four of us walked through the halls of the manor.

It took about a fifteen-minute walk which was surprising but that meant we had ten minutes to make sure we looked absolutely perfect.

Mom and Dad hadn't gone out yet either. So it was them, Blaise, me, Ginny, and Draco all standing there checking ourselves over.

"I like the hair clip, Lyra." Mom said.

I smiled, "So do I. We have Astoria to thank."

"I'll have to thank her sometimes tonight." Mom said before turning around.

"Now, May I announce, Louis and Amelia Zabini!" the announcer said.

Mom and Dad both walked out with their arms linked.

"Next, Blaise Zabini, and Ginevra Weasley!" They both linked arms and walked out.

"And last, but certainly not least, Draco Malfoy, with Lyra Corona Zabini, the Lost Zabini!"

I linked my arm with Draco's and the two of us walked out with smiles on our faces.

Everyone cheered as we walked out but soon everyone was silent and staring at me and only me. Mom walked over to me with a microphone and put a hand on my shoulder.

"May I formally introduce, Lyra Corona Zabini! You may previously know her as the war heroine, Hermione Granger!" Mom announced.

Everyone gasped but soon they all cheered.

I took a deep breath and kept a smile on my face. No one really knew my anxiety was spiking unbelievably.

Mom walked down the steps with Dad and the rest of us followed them.

We walked down and we did a slow dance.

"You alright?" Draco asked as we danced.

"My anxiety is just spiking some. I should be fine." I whispered back.

"If you ever feel like it's too much, come find me. I'll take you back up to your room."

I nodded and a small smile crept onto my face, "Thank you."