Chapter 29

It's a few months after the quidditch match and all testing is over. We are leaving Hogwarts in a week and I can hardly believe it.

"Tonight there will be a ball. A ball to say goodbye to our seventh and eighth years. And also to celebrate the end of the school year. First, through fifth years are at seven to nine and sixth through eighth years are from ten to twelve." 

Once McGonagall was done with her announcement she sat down and let the meal continue.

"The charm is going to be on again isn't it?" Astoria asked.

I smirked. I planned this. I didn't even tell anyone. 

"You'll just have to see tonight," I said with a smirk.

They all started to attack me with questions but I ignored them all. I wasn't going to tell them, and I'm certainly not going to tell you.

Anyways, after lunch, we head to our next class. 

***

It's five o'clock and I apparate to McGonagall's office.

"Hello, professor. Are we ready?" I asked with a smile.

She nodded and took out her wand, "Expecto Patronum."

I smiled and McGonagall talked to the white cat and talked into it sending the message to everyone in the castle.

Once she was done she smiled at me and allowed me to go back to my common room.

As I was walking through the halls people stopped me and thanked me and I just smiled. I'm glad everyone is enjoying my ball.

But right when the portrait to my common room flies open, I am attacked by my friends talking to me.

"Lyra Corona Zabini! Are you serious?! Is this what you've been working on?! Thank you so much! Wait what about you?! What's going on?!"

I laughed and slid my way into the room and let the portrait swing closed with the others following me still talking. I sit down on my favorite chair and the others surround me.

"Alright! Just sit down and I'll explain!"

They all sit down as quickly as possible which makes me laugh even more. They yelled at me to focus and I calm down.

"Alright well, you got McGonagall's Patronus, right?" I asked.

They all nodded.

"Yeah, it said, 'Please go to your closets, inside you will find things for the ball tonight.' when we went in there were mannequins and pictures around the room," Pansy replied.

I smiled, "The pictures are for makeup and hair. The mannequin has the dress and jewelry you are wearing tonight. I did this for the whole school. I wanted this year to be memorable."

"Well, you certainly are making this ball memorable," Ginny said with a laugh.

I smiled even more, "Good."

We hang out for a little while and we just stay in the common room until about nine. We all head to our rooms and we start getting ready. Of course, once everyone had their dress on, the girls are all in my room since mine is the biggest.

Astoria has a pale pink dress, Pansy has an emerald green dress, Ginny has a lilac purple dress, and I have a navy blue dress. I put a spell so a dress that would be perfect for us appeared. I had no idea what everyone was going to get.

We all looked amazing and we started working on each other's hair and makeup. When we were done I checked the time and I realized we had ten minutes to get to the Great Hall. And that is not possible so I apparated into everyone's room and I told them to apparate to the Great Hall entrance.

Once everyone was there, we all walked into the room and I was so happy to see my idea come to life. It was absolutely beautiful and everyone looked great in their outfits.

The ball was amazing and I had even hired a muggle-born DJ, so purebloods and half-bloods can enjoy muggle music that really is amazing. 

A few minutes before Midnight a slow song is played to finish off the night and the couples get to all dance with each other. It was really amazing to see so many happy people and when I looked back at Pansy she had a huge smile on her face, not with care in her world that she wasn't dancing with anyone.

"Are you scared?" Draco asked taking my attention from Pansy.

"What? What do you mean am I scared?" I asked.

"We're leaving Hogwarts, our second home. Aren't you scared? This part of our life is ending..."

I smiled a little, "Sure, I'm a little scared. But I have you. I have Blaise and Ginny. I have Astoria, Theo, Pansy, and so many others who care about me. And they take that fear away. Sure, I'm nervous about the fact that we will need to get jobs to make sure us and our future family can have a happy, healthy life. But everyone does."

He smiles at me a little and shakes his head, "Do you always have the perfect answer for everything?"

I laugh, "Maybe not everything, but I definitely try. If I don't have a perfect answer how will I keep my place as brightest witch of our age?"

"Even if you don't always have the perfect answer, you will always keep that title."

The song soon ended and we all started to walk out of the Great Hall with permission from McGonagall. She said she would take over and clean up since I planned everything. I thanked her and we all went to the Head dorms. It was plenty big so Pansy, Astoria, Theo, Ginny, Blaise, Draco and I all were able to stay there. 

That night I thought more about the conversation between Draco and me. What would I do? I have no clue what job I'll get. I'm sure Draco will become an Auror. He was a spy during the Battle of Hogwarts, he is meant for the job. 

People say I could be anything I want. People say I should become Minister. But I'm not sure if that's what I want. Sure, working in the ministry would be amazing, but I don't know if I want to be Minister.

Anyways, I'm getting way ahead of myself. I am only eighteen.