Chapter 23

At the end of the drive, we pulled into the parking lot of a hotel on the edge of a beach. We were in Panama City Beach and the hotel was right on the edge.

I got a notification on my phone and it said that the room was under the Zabini name. I headed out of the car and ran in while the others got everything out of the cars.

I walked into the lobby and saw the wonderful decorations within the room. A younger male was standing at the front counter with a cup of something steamy. I guessed it was coffee, considering it was almost two in the morning.

I walked over to the desk and smiled, "Hello. I'm checking in for Zabini?"

He logged into the computer and grabbed the keys from under the counter, "Yes, B28. Here are your keys."

I took the key cards and then said thank you before heading back out to the cars with a rolling cart.

"Thank Merlin you got one of those," Draco said as he saw me walking over.

I laughed and started putting suitcases on the cart, "Well we do have a lot of stuff, plus we are on a higher floor."

We all put our suitcases on the cart and carried our bookbags and headed to our room. Like the old hotel, it was more like a condo than a hotel room. We split up the rooms differently this time. It was Pansy, Theo and Astoria, Blaise and Ginny, and Draco and I. We all headed to the rooms and I headed out to the kitchen.

Good evening! Tonight is a relaxing night for you to relax! We hope you enjoy Panama City Beach!

I smile to myself and turn around to see Draco standing there with a smile.

"What's up, Malfoy?" I asked.

"I'm just excited for me to be able to ask the same question," he replied with a smirk.

I felt my cheeks warm up but quickly gathered myself, "Well you're just gonna have to wait."

***

Over the next two days, we explore and relax on the beach. We walk to the pear multiple times and it's nice to just relax after the two weeks we already have had. We mess around in the ocean and I, of course, collect plenty of shells from different parts of the beach. We go to around three stores a night to get some different souvenirs because we had to get some.

It's the third day and I go into the kitchen to read the board and smile at it.

Good morning! Today you will be taking a boat to Shell Island! Draco will be the designated boat driver. And don't worry, there is a GPS so you won't get lost. The boat is at the address below!

I copied down the address and then headed out of the kitchen.

I waited in the living room area for everyone to come out and get ready and once they all were we headed out of the room and went downstairs. There is a restaurant on the first floor of the hotel that serves all three meals so we won't have to eat plain lobby food while we're here.

We head to the address I copied down and when we pull up I see a dock that leads out to the ocean. I see multiple boats attached to the dock and smile since I remember doing this once as a kid.

"The boat is under the Malfoy name, so Draco you'll have to go and check-in," I said as I parked the car.

He sighed and got out of the car and headed in while we grabbed our bookbags that we take everywhere. They are all filled with the basic things, sunscreen, towels, sunglasses, really anything you would need at the beach.

After about ten minutes, Draco came out with a man who seemed to be in his early twenties. Draco waved us over and we all walked over to them.

"Alright, it looks like you are renting Boat AB20. You don't have a time limit. But we suggest starting to head back around four if you are still out there. Have fun!"

We all thanked him and climbed into the boat. Draco was handed the keys and he started the boat.

"You know how to drive one of these right Malfoy?" Theo asked.

"Why do you think I'm the driver Nott? I came here with my mother once while Lucious was on a business trip. I have driven a boat quite a few times." he replied with a slightly annoyed expression.

I laughed a little and sat down on the cushioned bench next to Ginny, "Calm down Ferret. Let's get going!"

He growled at the nickname but I just smirked, Ginny was holding her side laughing with my twin and the other three were looking at me like I was insane.

"Did you just call him Ferret?" Pansy asked with a hidden smirk.

"Yep. Can I not call my fiance a nickname?" I asked with my smirk.

She just laughed a little and started listening to some music she downloaded while looking around us. It was beautiful once you got far enough away from the dock.

After a while, I looked into the GPS and it said we were about a mile away. I smirked and I sat on the small bench with Draco and watched the island come into view.

When we got to the dock Blaise and Draco jumped off to secure it to the dock before telling us we were good to get off. I grabbed my bag and jumped off, tossing Draco the keys in the process.

We headed towards a smaller area with fewer people and set our things down onto our towels. I grabbed the small bag that I kept all my seashells in and then headed out to look with Gin.

What are you even going to do with all of those?

I jumped a little and then took a slight breath.

I can't collect shells for fun?

No, you can but are you going to put them in like a jar or something or are you just going to keep them in that ziplock bag of yours?

You'll see what I'm doing with them eventually. But for now, get out of my head!

I heard him laugh back behind me and I just shook my head and picked up a couple of shells by my foot.