A deep cover

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gibbs stood at a crime scene Kate and Tony were interviewing, McGee was taking pictures, Ducky and Palmer were looking over the dead body and he, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, was talking to two detectives, they had been the first on the scene, heard the gunshots and saw the car crash. According to them, only one person was in the car, the now-dead NCIS Special Agent Anderson.

Gibbs' conversation was cut off by McGee walking toward him.

"Boss we found this in the victim's pocket." The Probie said, handing Gibbs an NCIS business card.

On the card figured a name Gibbs knew too well.

Alexandra I. Reagan
Senior Special Agent

"Why would an NCIS Agent have another Agent's business card?" McGee asked and Gibbs glared at him. "Of course that's what we're gonna figure out. Want me to summon Alex- Special Agent Reagan?"

"I'll do it," Gibbs replied. "Search for any connection the victim had with Alex."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that morning Gibbs walked into the bullpen a cup of coffee in hand.

"What do we got?" He asked his agents.

"Boss, McGee is looking for any connection with Alexa-I mean Special Agent Reagan," Tony said.

"Appart from the card we don't have much," Kate explained from her desk, where she was working on her computer.

Suddenly McGee's computer started beeping.

"Huh, Boss?" McGee called. "Special Agent Reagan is not in New York."

"What do you mean 'not in New York', Mcgeek? She's based in NYC." Tony stated.

"Alexa and her partner, Donald, are or....were working on a joint investigation with the agent we found dead. She was seen in DC two days ago.." McGee explained.

"Okay, DiNozzo, Kate find everything on that case and McGee find Reagan." Gibbs ordered.

"No need, Gibbs," Kate said, looking at the elevator, whose door had just opened.

A woman walked into the bullpen, she was wearing black heels, a skirt and a white blouse, not the usual outfit an NCIS filed Agent would wear on duty and she definitely was, given by the gun and badge that rested on her right hip, slightly hidden under her black vest.