Her family and her history

{New York City, November 11}

"Nicky we are you? We're gonna be late for your show!" Erin Reagan shouted from the bottom of the stairs. Soon a young girl came running down the stairs, her mother, Erin, bend down to pick her up.

"Erin are you both ready?" A female voice called from inside of the living room.

"Yes, Mom." Erin replied.

"Good, Frank we are all ready." Mary, Erin's mother told her husband.

"Danny can you put Sean in his stroller, please?" Linda asked her husband. Danny picked up Sean and put him in his stroller.

"Mommy, where's Auntie Alex?" Nicky asked.

Erin and her parents shared a look, and the brunette bite her lips. "You know she's working but I'm sure she's on her way." She replied and Nicky nodded.

Henry and Jamie walked out from the living room.

Then Joe arrived. "I'm here. Told you I wouldn't be late, Erin." He teased his sister.

"John?" Erin called her husband, who came kissing her on the cheek.

"Okay we're all set. Let's go." Frank suggested, smiling at his wife.

The happy family then stared walking toward Nicky's school where a show was held for The Veterans Day later they would go to the parade.

The family sat down at their spots and Nicky joined her friends on stage. Frank kept looking around for his youngest daughter, praying that she would make it. Seeing his worry his wife put a hand on his knee.

"Don't worry she'll make it." Mary told him, Frank nodded and kissed his wife but as the lights started to dim she herself started to lose hope. When the room became completely dark and that the kids of Nicky's class were on the light the family sat still, waiting for the music to start, next to Frank and Mary was an empty seat, a seat they saved for their second daughter the one that wasn't there, the one that was fighting far away.

The piano started and the kids started bouncing up and down, they were so nervous. Small Nicky was eyeing her aunt's empty seat anxiously she was gonna make it right? She wouldn't do something like that. She had made a promise and Alexandra Isabelle Reagan always kept her promises.

And then, just before the children started to sing, the door opened slightly and a woman walked in. She headed toward the front row where her family sat. The blonde girl smiled seeing the seat that was reserved for her and sitting down, smiling at her niece.

Then the children started to sing a beautiful, emotional melody that brought all the crowd to tears:

You sacrificed to serve our nation.

You make us proud in many ways.

Because of you we have our freedom.

We honor YOU on Veterans Day

Your family how they did worry.

They prayed that you'd return one day.

They know that you protect our freedom.

They honor YOU on Veterans Day.

And so we Thank you.

And so we Honor you.

For all your Sacrifice.

We Honor YOU on Veterans Day

And so we Thank you.