Chapter 2: Your own personal hell

Chapter 2: Your Own Personal Hell

Footsteps were approaching from behind the tree. I stood up, shielding the other person's view of me behind the big oak tree. I heard the person getting closer. I bolted my fists ready to fight whoever it was.

"Alice!? I know you are out there!"

I stepped out from behind the tree, looking at a surprised Jess. She was wearing her usual white uniform, her long black hair tied into a neat bun on top of her head.

"What are you doing here Jess?" I asked, letting my hands fall down my side. She pulled me into a hug, one I didn't return.

"Travis told me what happened when I helped Aaron" she said letting go of me.

"What do you mean, helped Aaron?" I asked taking a step back to look her in the eyes.

"You knocked him out cold," She said, trying to hold back a childish giggle. I couldn't help but let a smile spread on my face, knowing that I knocked him out.

"Come on, let's go back...It is freezing out here" She said, shuddering from the chilling wind. I shook my head, I was not in the mood to socialize at the moment, and definitely not go back and look at Aaron's stupid face.

"Come on I know that he can be an idiot, but you need to give him a chance" She said, catching my attention again. She gave me what I like to call the mom look. I knew that getting in an argument with her was gonna be worse for me. I followed her back to the school, listening to her cheerful humming.

We walked straight to the dining hall, right on time for dinner.

She talked about everything between heaven and earth while we ate. I just nodded and smiled, giving her a short answer once in a while.

She had to go back to the medical wing, so I slowly made my way back to my room. I walked in going straight into the bathroom without looking around to see who was in the room.

I turned on the hot water, taking my clothes off, longing for some warmth. Letting the warm water run down my body I allowed my mind to drift off. After standing there for what seems like hours, I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my body, letting my hair air dry. I stepped out of the bathroom, almost walking into Aaron. He blocked the doorway, looking down at me.

"Move!" I growled trying to push him slightly. He didn't budge.

"Listen if you wanna pick a fight let me at least get some clothes on!" I said trying to keep my voice calm and neutral, but failing miserably. I finally looked into his eyes, almost laughing seeing the blue ring around his left eye. He wore a hard expression, telling me that he was gonna do something I wouldn't like. The front door opened, making Aaron turn to see who it was. His body was turned slightly making enough space for me to slip past him.

I looked over my shoulder at Travis, while looking for some clothes in my drawer. I pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a shirt pushing past Aaron to get back into the bathroom. I made sure to slam the door in his face, before locking it.

I dried my body and pulled on my pajamas. I turned the lock and opened the door in one swift movement, as to surprise Aaron if he was still there. And it worked, the door slammed into his shoulder, making him stumble back.

"You little...-" He held his shoulder and took a step closer to me in a threatening manner.

"Aaron, do you seriously want another black eye?! because that is what you are gonna get, if you don't leave me the hell alone!" I was taunting.

That pushed him over the edge. He tackled me to the ground, holding me down, with his large hands.

"Get off!" I yelled trying to punch him, but to no use. His fist made contact with my nose, and I gasped out in pain. I could already feel the hot blood running down my jaw.