Chapter 6: A Mutual Understandment?

After breakfast Aaron and I were called to Charles' office.

"Since Travis still needs more time to recover, the two of you will be training together without him." Charles said as Aaron and I stood before his deck. I had a lot of snarky remarks flowing through my mind, but I bit my tongue.

"Yes, sir" Aaron and I both paid our respects before leaving the office again.

We walked back to our room making sure to be quiet when we changed into our workout clothes, not to wake Travis. I pulled on a pair of loose shorts, a normal white shirt and my sneakers. Aaron opened the door holding it for me. I gave him a nodded as a thanks as I walked out into the hallway, while I tied my hair into a ponytail.

"So what kind of training do you want to do today?" I asked as we walked up the stairs to the second floor.

I felt a weird sensation of calmness and understanding towards Aaron this morning. It was something I couldn't explain, but I think we have gotten a mutual understanding of each other, for now at least. An understanding that we can not do our job if we are constantly trying to kill each other.

"We have the second floor to ourselves today and a lot of time, so what do you say, that we do a tournament workout?"

I smiled. A tournament workout was when you trained in all of the different fighting styles and extra skills.

We made a list over the different skills we wanted to train and what order to do them in, so to not overwork ourselves:

1. Running

2. Shooting with guns

3. Obstacle course

4. Close range fight with weapons

5. And last but not least hand to hand combat.

Aaron was tying his shoelaces at the start of the track while I was stretching my legs.

"Do you wanna make this interesting?" He asked standing up to face me. I let go of my leg to look at the smile spread across his face.

"What do you suppose?" He had caught my attention with his smug smirk.

"Let's make it a competition"

"And what does the winner achieve?" My smile mirrored his; we both knew that the other wouldn't turn down such a bet.

"Other than knowing who is superior....What about the loser owing the winner a blood favor?" I held back a gasp. A blood favor is a thing we have at the school, it is the biggest favor you can ask someone in our line of business. A blood favor is usually taking the honour of a kill or having someone else do it for you. Aaron would only propose such a thing, if he was confident that he would win. But I was up for the challenge.

I shook his outstretched hand, accepting and sealing the bet.

His smile got bigger and it was only just now that I saw the determination and hunger in his eyes.

"Let's start with five laps around the track, the fastest time wins." I said lightly bouncing up and down on the balls of my feet.

He nodded, as he started to stretch. I walked to the stereo and plugged in my ipod, putting on my workout playlist. "Everything Black" started playing as I again walked over to the start bricks of the tracks.

"Ready...Set....Go!" Aaron yelled, taking off the second after.

I pushed my body forward as I started to run as fast as I could.