Chapter 14: The Word Spreads Fast

I had finally fought my way through a month of training, and had managed to beat Nicole on several occasions. I was currently sitting on the edge of the bed in the nursing hall, watching Jess walk around the room grabbing different stuff.

"Are you ready?" She asked as she finally sat down in front of me. I nodded and pulled my shirt over my head. It was finally time to get off the last band-aids and bandages. She slowly started cleaning the rest of the wounds, while I kept my eyes to the ceiling, not wanting to look at the damage. When she was all done, I found myself in front of a full length mirror, my eyes locked on my face, not ready to see what had happened to my body. Xander talked to me before I went to Jess, he told me that it was very important for me to take a good look at the scars, to remind myself what I had survived. I took a shaking breath in the same manner in which I normally did before a fight and let my gaze run down. I had always thought the scar from the hunting knife would be the worst, but I was unfortunately wrong, the worst one was the one on my hand. Jess had told me that once I was unconscious, she had to do a surgery to try and save as much muscle as possible, and that the scar would probably never get much better. The scars on my thigh and side were healing rather nicely, of course leaving a big scar but it was not as bad as I had imagined. The scar on my cheek had healed on its own a long time ago, so I could easily cover up all of the scars with long pants and a long sleeve if I had to go undercover. I thanked Jess again, as I pulled on a pair of shorts and my shirt, leaving all of my scars out on display. I found Aaron and Travis together with the other teams in the living room, all sitting around the television.

"What are you guys watching?" I asked as I sat down on the floor in front of Aaron.

"Turn up the volume, the news is starting!" He yelled ignoring me, his eyes never leaving the logo of the local news channel.

"Breaking news in the seville case of James Santos vs. the people. From the evidence of the crime scene and the testimonies from hundreds of people, the judge has declared James Santos guilty of all charges." Everyone in the room broke into cheers. I looked up at Aaron, my heart stopping in my chest.

"I assume that that was what took you so long, before you got back home, you dug up the evidence and placed it were the police would find it." He asked me even though he clearly had me all figured out.

"Yes, I took the files he had on us and the school and destroyed them, and placed all of the discriminating papers out in the open for the police to find.

"Everyone quiet down, they are talking about his murder!" Levi yelled, making all the happy talking stop at once. The news reporter looked troubled as she read out the next part.

"The police have confirmed that James Santos was murdered, and from the lack of witnesses they have to rule out the possibility of self defense, even though a large amount of blood from an unknown suspect have been found at the crime scene. The police have managed to recover a fraction of the footage from the desieast office, presumably just minutes after his death." The screen showed footage of me painting the symbol on the wall, I guess that Samantha managed to delete the footage somehow, but missed these 10 seconds. The television cut back to news reporter.

"This is the main suspect, who is covered in blood, the police suspect that this is the woman that has killed James Santos. If you see or know the whereabouts of this person, please call-" The television shut off. The people in the room all sat in silence and turned their gaze to me. I looked up at Aaron, who wore a hard expresion, his posture tense.

"You know what that means!?" Travis shoots up from his chair, startling everyone in the room.

"Let's celebrate that, the Santos empire is crumbling!" Nicole yelled, standing up to join Travis. Cheers erupted from all around the room, and Aaron stood up as well ,leaving me the only one sitting down.