Chapter 13: Keeping Secrets and Creating Panic.

"Are you sure that you are okay, being alone for so long?" Travis asked for the hundred time.

"I am thankful for your concern, but I am fine, I am just gonna unpack my things and do some reading." I lied, giving him the biggest smile I could muster. I caught Aaron taking a glance at me from the corner of my eye, but he quickly looked away again. He clearly didn't believe me.

"We will be back in three hours" He smiled, finally closing the door behind them. I stood up from my bed a little too quickly and felt the pain shoot up through my leg and making me fall backwards into the bed again.

"Stupid leg!" I cursed, frustrated as I once again tried to stand but failed.

I took a couple of deep breaths calming my burning frustration and tried to stand again, this time I kept my hand on the frame of the bed to support myself. My right leg shook slightly from the weight, but I still shuffled over to the boxes at the end of the room. I pushed all of the boxes over to my bed and sat back down on the edge next to my dresser. The first box I opened contained my workbooks and my Ipod, which I piled onto the bed behind me and the Ipod I turned on, enjoying the soft tunes of the music. I hummed to the music and opened the next box. All my clothes were neatly folded and put into piles inside the biggest box. I started putting the clothes back into the dresser, when a sudden pain shot through my hand, making me drop the shirts I was holding. I looked down at my bandaged hand and couldn't keep it from shaking. I held it close to my chest as the pain got worse. The nerves in my hand were cramping and pulling my fingers into the palm of my hand. I closed my eyes, trying to relax the muscles in my hand to make the pain stop, but it was long before I was able to reopen my eyes and move my fingers again.

I tried my hardest to ignore and forget what just happened and continued to put all my clothes away. The last thing in the box was a little plastic bag filled with all of my toiletries. I looked down at myself, I don't remember the last time I actually took a shower. I picked up a clean shirt and a pair of shorts, and walked into the bathroom. I turned on the shower to let the water heat up, but then realized that I was still covered in bandages all over my side, leg and arm, there was no way I was gonna get all of that off and on by myself. I looked at the time on my Ipod, the others weren't gonna be finished with their training for a while.

Taking a deep breath, I turned off the shower and walked back into our room. I bundled up the clean clothes and walked into the hallway. My walk was still slow and a little stiff, but I managed to walk all the way to the hospital wing. I knocked on the door, and Jess opened it, her usual smile, fading as soon as she saw me standing there.

"You shouldn't be walking around-" I cut her off

"Can you help me get all of this off so I can take a shower?"

Her motherly smile returned as she pulled me into the room, closing the door behind me. She helped me move all of the bandages. I stepped into the shower, enjoying the warm water raining down on my body. I avoided looking down at my body, not wanting to see the ugly scar the hunting knife had made.

I wanted to stay under the water forever, but Jess clearly had other plans.

"Come on now Alice, I need to check your wounds and get you bandaged up again!" she yelled from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Just a minute!" I shouted back, finally turning the water off and wrapping the fluffy towel around my body. I tied my hair in a bun and looked at my face in the mirror. I looked tired, but other than that I looked like my old self. I pulled on a clean set of underwear and opened the door, Jess waiting just on the other side. She led me to bed without a word, and I sat down, my fresh set of clothes still in my hand.