13. Cornerstone

Waking up with Arabella on my chest was the most beautiful reminder of what had happened the night before. She was still asleep when my eyes decided the light streaming through my bedroom window was a little too disturbing for me to ignore. She had her arms around my waist and her head on my collarbone, her dark hair fanning around her head. That peaceful look she had when she slept, blessing her face.

She was in one of my shirts, it fit loose over her figure whilst it would fit well on mine. She looked so beautiful. Like an angel in person. She'd kill me if I ever said that to her.

I wrapped my arms tighter around her small body and craned my head so my lips were brushing her forehead. She murmured at the movement I'd created and squeezed my waist. I smiled as she shuffled up against me and tangled one of her legs in between mine.

My mind was still blown. I couldn't believe it. She'd let me explore her perfect body and I made sure I was gentle with her. It wasn't like the three other times that I'd done it. It felt like falling in love. It really did. More so the way she kissed me after, all breathless and exasperated, holding my face close to hers with her breath tickling my lips. In that moment I knew...I could love her. She was someone I could really love.

Snapping me out of my thoughts was her arm snaking slowly around my neck as she sunk deeper into my exposed chest. She mumbled something incoherent. She was waking up. Slowly, her eyes began to open and her brows furrowed at the light shining onto her face. She murmured unhappily and buried her face into the crook of my neck.

  I chuckled, hugged her to me and kissed her hair.

  "It's not funny," she mumbled. "Shut the blinds."

  "Can't get up when you're on me," I smiled.

  Arabella looked up at me and thinned her eyes. "Fuck off," she said and kissed me on the lips. I smiled and pressed my lips into hers, hugging her waist tightly. We'd already had our sweet, 'romantic' talk last night. Teasing each other was much more in character.

  Arabella grinned and moved on top of me, kissing me harder and running her fingers through my hair. It felt nice, her fingers running over my scalp and gripping lighting at my hair.

  "What are your parents gonna do when they find out I stayed over?" she smirked and sat up a little so I could see her face.

  I shrugged and tucked her hair behind her ears so the light streaming in could illuminate her face for me. "Fuck cares about me parents?" I smiled.

  Arabella bit back a grin and dipped her head back down to mine and kissed me once more. She then sat up on my hips and brushed her hair off her face and over one shoulder.

  "You look good when you wake up," she smiled cheekily and before I could respond, she climbed off me and off the bed. I chuckled and sat upright, brushing back my quiff with my fingers as I watched her stretch out her back and walk along my carpet.

  Her fingertips danced over my desk chair which was still propped up securing the door closed and she began moving it out the way. I already knew what she was going to do and leapt out of bed before she could open that door.

  "Arabella!" I called out as she began opening the door and placed my hand on it, shutting it closed before she could waltz on downstairs and embarrass the living shit out of me. She started laughing immediately and leant back against the wall. My heart was pounding.

  "Thought you said you didn't care about your parents," Arabella teased and wrapped her arms around my waist, pulling me toward her.

  "Yer gonna give me a fucken' heart attack," I said and locked the door.