Chapter 3

It was onerous to focus during class having Hoseok's eyes pinned on you. A few times when you looked over, he wouldn't even hide the fact that he was staring at you, it was like he was proud of it. The only explanation was that no girl had ever given him attention before and you were the first and thus, he was interested in you. You wish he would stop, so that he wouldn't get picked on later.

When class ended, you collected your things and walked out. You purposefully got out of the room before he did so that he couldn't follow him. But once you got out into the hallway, you saw the troublemakers approaching. They spotted you, and you braced for any impact, and found none. Instead, they walked passed you and slammed someone to the wall. It let out a huge thud. You sighed, grateful that they found a new target. Your body froze when you heard the whimpering, it was Hoseok's.

One of the boys, Woo Young, grabbed Hoseok by the collar of his sweater vest and the poor boy was shaking. Another one yanked his glasses off and smashed it on the floor, then proceeded to stomp on it to assert the dominance he now has. The hallway emptied immediately and professors closed their doors. They realized that if they spoke up, the parents of the boys, who had been long-time donors to the university, will surely have something to say. "Hey loser, where did you come from?" the main boy spat. His face was uncomfortably close to Hoseok's.

"P-please leave me alone." Hoseok whispered, it made the group laugh maniacally.

"I don't think so." Woo Joo replied. Then his fist came up and Hoseok shut his eyes, but that didn't stop the punch from happening. It knocked your breath out of your lungs, to see someone hurt. Hoseok's face became bruised instantly. Woo Joo's arm raised once more. You should have just walked away, he brought it on to himself. But your feet wouldn't move towards the door. Instead, you ran up to the attacker and pushed his body away. He fumbled a bit, then glared at you. If looks could kill, you'd be dead by now. You positioned your body in front of Hoseok's. The frightened mouth curled into a small, satisfied smile.

"Get away from him." you warned.

"Or what, you witch?" Woo Joo scoffed. "You should blame yourself for his misfortune. He should have stayed away from you in the first place, you monster."

"You're the monster here, just leave him alone." you begged. Hoseok found it amusing, even though you were frightened, you were still protecting him.

"I don't think so." He gestured for the boys behind him to grab you and throw you to the ground. Your body was aching, the bruises from the last time hadn't healed quite yet. Hoseok flinched a little when he saw what the boys did, and gulped to suppress his anger. Woo Joo turned his attention back to Hoseok. "Now, let's continue, shall we?" His hand went up and landed on Hoseok's face too fast for anyone to process. You scrambled to your feet and tried to lunge at him, but the boys held you back.

"Stop! Please!" you yelled. Hoseok's body was like a pillow, absorbing all the attacks, blood coming out from his lips. "Stop!" you screamed again.

"Y/N," Hoseok breathed out, his body trembling. "Run away now. Go."
"What? I'm not leaving you."

"Go." he said again, this time, much quieter. But his voice was echoed, it was chilling, like a command. It was as if you were in a trance. You stood up and obeyed his order, running away from everything like a coward. Hoseok's heart felt a little calmer, knowing that you were gone.

"Oh, that was brave." Woo Joo said sarcastically. "How cute. Freaks are supposed to be together."

"Don't you dare call her that." Hoseok said, and calmly wiped the blood from his mouth. He got back on both feet and stood a little taller this time. The atmosphere changed, the boys found it uncomfortable.

"What did you just say?" Woo Joo barked, his hand went up but this time, Hoseok caught it and pushed him back. Woo Joo's body fell backward, he couldn't believe a nerd like Hoseok had that much strength. "You fucker." he growled and ran forward. Hoseok easily dodged the punches, he almost seemed bored. With one kick, he sent Woo Joo flying to the other wall. The other boys glanced at Woo Joo, then back at Hoseok, and took a fighting stance.

"Relax," Hoseok chuckled. "I don't want to waste my time on rats like you."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Woo Joo asked. Hoseok whistled, and a few men pushed through the front door. Scars and tattoos scattered their bodies. The group of boys froze out of fear. "Please don't hurt us." one of the boys begged, his knees were shaking.

Hoseok smirked. "It's too late for that. You should have never laid a hand on her in the first place." Then he leaned against the wall, closed his eyes, and enjoyed the sound of screams and bones crushing. It was music to his ears.

"It's all done boss," one of the men reported. Woo Joo and his companions were unconscious and beaten beyond recognition. Hoseok glided over to their bodies, kicking Woo Joo just for the fun of it.

"Remember this. That girl is mine. And if I ever see you near her, I'll bury you alive." he growled. A door opened, the English professor peered out to find the bloody boys and Hoseok's bright smile. The smile of the devil. Then he placed his index finger to his lips, to indicate that it was a secret and if the professor tells this to anyone, he would come after them next.

The door closed again. Hoseok walked away, his men behind him, and hands in his pocket. He was excited to see you again tomorrow.