Chapter 25

"What do you have there?" you asked slowly as the grinning man approached you with a suspicious-looking bag that was obviously meant for clothing. He didn't answer, instead, he continued to glide over to where you were sitting, still grinning sadistically. It was a relief to see that he was finally cheerful again after a few days of solemn.

After rescuing you, he practically obliterated the other mafia, metaphorically of course. You told him not to kill anyone else, but to make sure they would never be able to hurt anyone ever again. And he let the boys do most of the work while he stayed glued to your side. This morning had been the only time he wasn't next to you when you woke up. He had been out for a few hours. You were worried that he got himself into some trouble, but from the look on his face, something tells you he was quite delighted with his findings.

"Hoseok, I swear if it's lingerie, I will kick your ass." you warned.

"That's tempting, mi amor," he winked. "But I'm saving that for another time." He held the bag closer to you and gestured for you to unzip it. The light caused the silver sequin to glimmer like stars. A galaxy covered the long-sleeved dress. It went to the floor.

"This is beautiful," you said in awe. "Who is this for?"

"You, silly," Hoseok chuckled. "I want you to wear it tonight."

"Tonight? What's the occasion?"

"Nothing," he answered. "I just wanted to take you out for a nice dinner."

"Dinner? Outside?" You were nervous, it would be the first time you go out with him in public with other people. At this point, Hoseok didn't feel the need to hide you anymore. He wanted to show you off, and to show everyone that his heart has been taken long ago. He nodded shyly and unsurely. Kissing his cheek, you grabbed the dress and went to change.

With the help of Areum, you slid easily into the dress. Your chest was a little exposed, but only a tasteful amount and enough to keep Hoseok staring at you the entire night. That was his plan after all. You proceeded to lightly curl the ends of your hair and dab a bit of blush on. You couldn't forget the red lips, his favorite look on you. You found him already dressed in a suit and waited patiently in the kitchen, popping a grape into his mouth. When his eyes landed on you, his eyes grew double in size and he almost choked. "Are you okay?" you asked, patting his back.

"Y-yeah, I-I'm okay." He glanced down, and turned red once he realized how revealing the dress was, then quickly looked at the ceiling. Once again, he hadn't thought about how other men would look at you. He was excited to see you in this dress, to see how the material hugs your body, and how you will shine brighter than the stars. "Maybe we should just stay in tonight." he muttered.

"Don't be ridiculous. You look too hot to just stay home." you teased. Hoseok felt a tingle of excitement when you called him hot. He pulled your waist closer until you were pressed against his body.

"You're too beautiful tonight, I won't be able to keep my eyes off of you." he swooned. Feeling playful, you dragged one finger from his neck down, making him shiver.

"Then don't," you purred. "Now let's go."

Fuck, Hoseok thought as he watched you spun in your dress, sly smile with painted lips, I'm not going to survive tonight.

As he had expected, men were turning their heads as you walked by. Even with Hoseok right by your side with his hand on your waist, nothing could stop animal instincts. He should have just booked the entire place but he figured you wouldn't want that. It's been a while since you were around other people other than Hoseok's men. It felt nice, almost normal. And with him across the table and looking at you like you were the only one in the world, nothing else mattered.

"It's so magical, Hobi." you commented, looking at the city below. You two were closer to the stars than ever. "Thank you for bringing me here."

"Why are you thanking me, silly? There's no one that I'd rather be with than you in this moment. I'm so thankful for everything you've done for me. I love you, Y/N."

"And I love you too, Hoseok." The waitress appeared, and you knew right away she was captivated by Hoseok's aura. She naturally leaned closer to his side while talking at a higher pitch. You discreetly clenched your jaws as she brushed her hand against Hoseok's while retrieving the menu. When she turned to you, you masked a smile.

"Please bring out your finest wine, I want to celebrate tonight with my lover." At the ice in your voice, the waitress snapped out of her dream and rushed away.

"I didn't know you could be so jealous." Hoseok smirked.

"I wasn't jealous," you denied quietly. Your lover laughed but then stopped when he saw something to his right.

"What's wrong?"

"The man over there," he pointed with his chin. "I've been trying to set up a meeting with him but he's been ignoring my offers. I'm starting to get annoyed."
"Will he be an important partner for your business?" you asked curiously.

"I wouldn't say partner. I want to put him behind bars." Hoseok answered with discontent. "He deals with child trafficking and I need enough evidence to lock him up."

That made your blood boil, that someone so vile could be eating luxurious food in this place while children suffer. Your eyes became hooded, "I'll be back."

"What? Y/N-"

It was too late, you had already strutted towards his table. The man sensed something approaching and glanced up. His fork dropped from his hand when he saw you. Rats are all the same, you thought. "What do I need to do in order for a beautiful woman like you to join me for a drink?" the man asked, his voice was hoarse.

Hoseok couldn't hear anything that was being said and it was driving him crazy. All he could see was the man nodding and eyeing you as if you were a prize to be claimed. His hands went into fists when the man tried to lay his hand on your shoulder. But you carefully shrugged him off. Hoseok started to slowly relax once you came back to the table. "It's been taken care of, you'll meet with him tomorrow at his office." you reported.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing much, just using my feminine charm." you winked. "I picked up a few things, watching all those girls throw themselves at you. I can finally put it to good use."

"Why did you do that?" he asked.

"Well, I also want someone like him to be locked up forever." you explained. "Besides, I want to be someone you can be proud of. Someone who is useful to you and to your business."

Hoseok's eyes softened as he reached out to grab your hand, squeezing it tightly. "Mi amor, my love for you has nothing to do with how 'useful' you are, nor will it ever be how I determine your worth. You are priceless to me because you are you, and you are mine. So don't do that again, it made me jealous."

That was the confession you were waiting for, "I'd like to see you jealous more often," you provoke.

Hoseok bit his lips, the lust in his eyes expanding. "I don't think you want that. Things could turn dangerous... for you." Then he took a sip of his wine while you were left to imagine what he meant.