Pains Of The Past.

People rushed by and wide eyes took in the sight of passers but it seemed that the floor would become a little quieter. Hotch walked through and called for them all to follow him and so they did.

The room was practically full when Derek got up to grab his things. The belt and what went with it were quickly picked up but on his way back a man caught his eye. Tall, white hair, fair skin and eyes that made his anxiety shine through. The displaced look only brought out the fact that he didn't fit in.

"Derek Morgan. You are?" Dark eyebrows lifted as he spoke and the old man was startled by the sudden voice. It was a light and generalised tone but there was curiosity hidden throughout it.

"Sorry? Oh, I see. I'm. Oliver Dunlop. Alice Tello told me that my daughter works here in the BAU." Recognition flicked through Derek's eyes as he heard the name and then his eyes narrowed.

"And your daughter is, who?" The old man startled as he realised the mistake he had made.

"Astrid. Astrid Atlas." Derek shook his head and let out a snort.

"Look, dude. I don't think so. If you could just head back to wherever it was you came from." Derek was practically laughing at the absurdity of the situation.

"No really. She is my daughter. Just ask her." Derek shook his head to disagree and he then headed up the steps to the conference room. There were too many eyes on the man for him to do anything and Derek was sure he would leave eventually.

The group had barely finished talking when Derek got back. His eyes zoning in on the woman who had just been mentioned.

"You okay Morgan? You seem pretty distracted right now." Astrid asked as he sat down and she got up. His eyes zoning in on her before he shook his head and then stood up.

"Rossi and Hotch are going to interview someone and we just have to hold down the fort. Nothing was really missed." They were the only ones in the room but they were at the door ready to leave.

"I can read your notes I hope." Was thrown over his shoulder.

"Yep. I can... DADDY!" Was cast and Astrid nearly knocked Morgan over as she rushed past him and grabbed hold of the man that Derek had tried to shrug off earlier.

"Hello, Bean. How have you been?" The hug carried on until all their strength had left them and then the aged man was pulled to a desk. Her desk. Nothing was personal about her workplace. No pictures, no drawings and certainly no trinkets from family or her friends.

"What are you doing here?" A spare chair was then stollen as he was shoved onto it and then they both faced one another.

"It's only a quick visit. Told Matt to meet me here soon. Benedict told us about Tim. We tried getting in contact with you but with no luck. Grieving for years all alone and then we find out from Alice who called to say that you are still in Virginia. Part of the FBI. In some BAU unit. I didn't even know that you were taking night courses until she told me." Hands met until the desk beside them became shadowed. Most of the team had gathered a few feet away and Morgan stood looking a little shell shocked.

"How rude of me, dad. These are my colleagues and friends. You are lucky, we are normally working our cases out of state. This is one of the few in Virginia. Anyway, I will let them introduce themselves." Brown eyes watched intensely as her father met friends. The warm welcome of the man made them all like him instantly but the longer they watched the more they realised how similar they were.

"Bean, why didn't you tell us?" Astrid crinkled her nose and smiled before resting her head on his arm before sitting up again.

"What did you tell Matthew?" Atlanta quickly asked as her eyes darted around him.