Chapter 4 : Trick Or Treat

It was soon that the Great Hall was decorated with carved pumpkins, candle lights, and bats flew around high above the star sky ceiling

Traps were put almost everywhere, and Emily got to be careful on where she stepped and places she'll sit. Overall, it was quite fun. With the help of Tom, her Potions improved a little, and the rest of her classes were good.

There was a time where she turned a glass cup into butterflies and Emily had to capture every single one of them after class. She spent evenings studying with Tom, and a bit with her friend Julia, who didn't bothered to hang out with her because she was more interested in gossip rather than the upcoming exams.

"Emily, you're studying again?" Julia crawled to her side, resting her head on her shoulder.

"Yes, well - Tom would be disappointed if I didn't improve in Potions. He spent quite an amount of time helping me."

"Tom Riddle? I must say, that boy is charming. Handsome, too. He didn't scolded you right?"

Emily sighed loudly. "Yes he did. I forgot the procedure and he snapped at me. He said he had better things to do rather than tutor a troublesome girl."

Julia twirled her hair. "You know -"

"Hey, the both of you, wanna go trick treating?" Chloe said, holding little sable black cauldrons. She and Rebecca, the other two girls that Emily shared a dorm with had their hats on, was prepared to go collect sweets.

"What's that?"

Julia laughed. "Trick or treating, Emily, its a muggle stuff. You just go around and collect candies. Or would you rather stay here studying, because you're afraid of charming boy?"

Emily blushed scarlet red. "His name is not charming boy, but anyways I'll come along with you guys."

Chloe smirked. "Here, that's a cauldron for you. Do put on your hat."

Emily rushed to her wardrobe and took out the cobalt blue hat. She also found a zafree cloak to match her outfit.

They walked out and passed the kitchens, and Emily secretly gave some knuts to the elves who offered her cupcakes with vanilla cream twirled up on it.

"Oh, let's go to Professor Dippet!" Rebecca pulled her along to the headmaster wearing crimson red robes and a garnet hat. He was holding chocolate frogs in his palms.

"Hello Professor..." Emily said softly, a bit embarrased to just ask sweets from an elder wizard.

The elderly wizard frowned down at her, then passed each of them a chocolate frog. She muttered thanks while Rebecca hurried along, her curly hair bouncing as she hopped.

They went up another set of the moving staircase and walked quickly just to avoid being stranded in the middle. The fat lady eyed them, sipping her goblet of malbec wine.